Poison Pill and the new CBA | Syracusefan.com

Poison Pill and the new CBA

longislandcuse

Living Legend
Congrats owners, you got your new CBA and youre still out there giving max contracts to Roy Hibbert, Eric Gordon etc as well as backloaded poison pill contracts that make the retaining team commit financial suicide if they still want the player. You (owners) allowed Omer freaking Asik become a fought over commodity that resulted in a poison pill deal. I never want to hear a word from the owners about how much money the players make ever again.

its frustrating watching this rat race unfold. miamis title did just what i thought.. create copycats all over the league. nj is trying.. now ny is willing to give up the one player who gave miami trouble on defense and one of the best draft picks in recent team history for a 38 year old pg that cant play d.. what a mess.

its frustrating watching this rat race unfold. miamis title did just what i thought.. create copycats all over the league. nj is trying.. now ny is willing to give up the one player who gave miami trouble on defense and one of the best draft picks in recent team history for a 38 year old pg that cant play d.. what a mess.

I'm not sure I follow the Miami reference though. Teams are always trying to get the best players they can. You are saying the Nets wouldn't have been interested in Dwight Howard if the guys in Miami never got together?

The Knicks have been making win nows moves for about as long as I've been alive; doesn't really have anything to do with the Heat guys teaming up.

miami proved that 3 stars can get you a title.. it more or less fuels the copycat efforts even more than before. i agree about the knicks.. the culture of adding as many max level players as you can through unbalanced deals has gone through the roof, when in reality all miami did was sign 3 max players. all the wheeling and dealing going on is crazy right now. my apologies as my thoughts are less than clear... i am one of many going on 5 days plus without power from the storms.. trying to stay sane using my car to power my phone.

I agree with Knicks411. Also, the difference with Miami is that the players willingly teamed up to play together and took pay cuts to make it happen. Whereas other teams are trying to create their own "big threes" or dream teams or whatevers, they aren't getting any help from the players.

poppy i agree and essentially that is what my last post was trying to convey. anyway you look at it.. what miami and the big 3 was able to do in no way helped the league.. instead it further exacerbated the problem and helped make this offseason another wild west showdown

poppy i agree and essentially that is what my last post was trying to convey. anyway you look at it.. what miami and the big 3 was able to do in no way helped the league.. instead it further exacerbated the problem and helped make this offseason another wild west showdown

The Heat have been a boon for the league.

And I don't think they have anything to do with this'; teams are ALWAYS trying to get the best players they can. It's not like this is a new thing.