Poll: After Lutz's Turnover, the Folks that Left Were | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Poll: After Lutz's Turnover, the Folks that Left Were

After Lutz's Turnover, the folks that Left Were

• Bad Fans and should be ashamed

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Premature, and nothing premature is ever good

Votes: 57 51.4%
  • totally ok, due to past history

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • leaving to go to Walmart to buy a rake

Votes: 12 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It definitely felt like a here we go again moment.

Too bad Howard left. Lutz has ball security issues. The fumble against Liberty with the miracle bounce back into his hands is yet another example.
It's too bad Hough got injured. I believe he'd be an important player right now.

I was stuck in Chicago Midway Airport after the Southwest Airlines debacle on Saturday and was watching on my phone. That clutch, game-tying drive gives me hope that this team has a puncher's chance if healthy. That's a big IF though.

Fan-shaming and player-shaming make this place great.
2f11d3a0-b169-11e8-bde0-9d2c4d12ff72

(BTW this lady is the owner on the series TED LASSO hannah waddingham)

I left early and I usually never do but I had a 5 1/2 hour drive that night to my motel on the way back to Florida. The air absolutely got sucked out of the Dome and it felt like we just blew it. I will learn from my mistakes and move forward. I let the team down but I also had to factor in my drive over the mountains of PA.
as you know was right there with ya, same type reason, had to drive my niece an hour east before the nearly two hour trek back north. Unique circumstance we get a pass....was SO weird listening in the car and at home the end, first time ever hearing the end of a competetive home game not being there .

And I'll admit didn't think for a second they'd have a chance to get back in the game and this is illustrative of just how different this team is. Whether it was the D stepping up to save the Liberty game or the Tuckashrader show teaming up to get back in this one, what it means is whatever preconceived notions I/we have for this team need be thrown out.

I posted elsewhere I'm not optomistic not only about friday (fully expect us to not be in the game long) but about the whole season given what I'm seeing and past experience. BUT, with the above in mind have to keep an open mind for them to surprise.

Hope so and lesson learned, when you got guys like Tucker and Shrader hang in there anything can happen!

We stayed though if I was by myself I probably would have left. I didn’t have faith in a 3 and out and then 90 plus yard drive.

My daughter wanted to stay. She had faith. Then she left heartbroken in OT.

Obviously not the same as being there in person but I turned off the tv and added a post to the game thread about shutting down the site for 24 hours.
I was a little emotional in the moment.

I did turn it back on 5 minutes later.

I left early and I usually never do but I had a 5 1/2 hour drive that night to my motel on the way back to Florida. The air absolutely got sucked out of the Dome and it felt like we just blew it. I will learn from my mistakes and move forward. I let the team down but I also had to factor in my drive over the mountains of PA.
If a fan shows up, I never have an issue.

It’s those who don’t who make me shake my head.

If a fan shows up, I never have an issue.

It’s those who don’t who make me shake my head.

Huh?

I get that showing up takes effort, but then - why leave early?
You went to all the trouble, time, and expense to go to the game.

Huh?

I get that showing up takes effort, but then - why leave early?
You went to all the trouble, time, and expense to go to the game.
Because you’re so pissed off (and don’t want to give yourself a heart attack) at your dumb coaches decisions leading to (or at least contributing) your team losing games! Lol

Because you’re so pissed off (and don’t want to give yourself a heart attack) at your dumb coaches decisions leading to (or at least contributing) your team losing games! Lol
or you have a commute back to your house

I always remember as a little kid how we were dragged to a our HS sectional finals bball game. Our team was down 20 mid 4th and the families decided to get out and drive the 1.5 half home.. got in the car after the 20 min walk turned the radio on and the team had won . never let my dad forget it, and my kid now complains about not leaving early enough cause I still believe any comeback is possible. Even if its sitting in 100 degree sun at maryland.

no different than hitting a recovery shot in golf.. you may only do it 1 out of 10. but that 1 you tell stories about forever.

you get a ND or a WV or a Gtown or a Virg game and its epic.

My opinion has always been, if I paid for these seats I’m going to get every single dollar I can out of them.

leaving early is lighting money on fire to me. I’ve already spent the time, money and effort to be there, I might as well stay the course and see it through

I think the coaches need to do the same thing with Lutz that the coaches did with the Omar Epps character in "The Program."

I've left a lot of games early, but I seem to be pretty good about knowing when to say when.

I'm batting a thousand leaving and having nothing good happen after I leave.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom