Poll:Do you want Jim to take more responsibility | Syracusefan.com

Poll:Do you want Jim to take more responsibility

20Plus

I do

We are quicker bigger stronger and better at every position and we touch the paint four times in the second half and six times in the first half that is after a little while in each game coaching

We aren’t though. Not from a pure basketball standpoint, IMO. We have length. Lots of beanpoles. I think we have quickness deficiencies in certain positions also. There is an advantage certain games with Tyus/Oshae but that’s it, IMO.

We aren’t though. Not from a pure basketball standpoint, IMO. We have length. Lots of beanpoles. I think we have quickness deficiencies in certain positions also. There is an advantage certain games with Tyus/Oshae but that’s it, IMO.
Stop it

We’re more athletic and every position tonight but maybe center

Stop it

We’re more athletic and every position tonight but maybe center

Morgan. But, against more level/even competition I stand by my take. But, I do think Boeheim could be doing some better things on offense. Or at least don’t allow some of these bad habits.

How would you like JB to take more responsibility?
Really if you have that as a question you’re not listening to his responses and how he takes digs at players like Hughes and Frank instead of his crappy offense

Really if you have that as a question you’re not listening to his responses and how he takes digs at players like Hughes and Frank instead of his crappy offense

Yeah I get it, trust me. Curious how you think he should take more responsibility though as per my question?

Like what do we want him to say?

Yeah I get it, trust me. Curious how you think he should take more responsibility though as per my question?
I guess he should say I suck as a coach. This is all my fault. the fans know more than I do. Even though I have coached over 1000 d-1 games. Have coached in the pics with K. Have sat down with coach Wooden. Maybe he should add that he is a dope.

I would like for Jim to simply acknowledge that the team was flat. That he was unable to take advantage of the obvious size and depth advantage. That he should have pressed sooner and longer. That he made a mistake in not having OB post up his man. That he didnt do a good job of instructing his players to take their hot shooting guard off his spot. That he forgot to instruct the team to drive the ball vs jacking threes as the shot clock expired. That he was basically out coached and out played by a team that had one player that might start for us. Other than those points im glad that he continues to blame his players as im sure it helps them learn and improve and it has to be a huge plus with recruiting.

The team is playing like crap and the coach is directly speaking to the deficiencies. This team doesn't need their coach to be an apologist. They need someone to hold them accountable. And the coach is accountable too. Doesn't he look miserable enough at the post game pressers?

He is frustrated with his inability to get players to execute.

It is unpleasant to watch when Coach B calls them out at pressers.
We love our players. But coaches will always challenge their players.
It's the psychology of sports. He is challenging their pride, not choking them.

Nobody likes to be criticized or humiliated. But if we did not have to learn how to deal with it, we would not be the people we are today. It's true that some players fold under this kind of scrutiny. But the solid ones rise up.

This ain't no party this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around..

Coach is not there to hide their deficiencies; he is there to eliminate their deficiencies to formulate a functioning team. If our centers play soft like the Oregon loss it will be an ugly season.

People need to hear the obligatory IT'S ON ME I'M THE COACH IT'S MY FAULT I WAS OUTCOACHED TODAY coachspeak
Instead of throwing them under the bus like crying Roy should have done after the Michigan game.

He says the centers need to play better but what exactly happens in practice? I feel like the only attention to this deficiency over the past 5 years is the coach complaining about it in pressers. Honestly. We’re getting nothing from that spot and would rather see marek in there.

I would like for Jim to simply acknowledge that the team was flat. That he was unable to take advantage of the obvious size and depth advantage. That he should have pressed sooner and longer. That he made a mistake in not having OB post up his man. That he didnt do a good job of instructing his players to take their hot shooting guard off his spot...

I don't think Boeheim did a bad job of that. Our defenders were pushing out. #10 was hitting deep contested fadeaways. Tip the cap to him.

Hilarious moment came late when Howard was face-guarding him, though. He denied the kick-out but didn't sag down on the other player at the top of the key, who hit a long 18-footer. Boeheim apparently wanted Frank to be in two places at once (because we know he'd have gone crazy if Frank had dropped down to defend the long two and instead had given #10 a cleaner look from three), and was berating him after the shot. Classic.

I don't think Boeheim did a bad job of that. Our defenders were pushing out. #10 was hitting deep contested fadeaways. Tip the cap to him.

Hilarious moment came late when Howard was face-guarding him, though. He denied the kick-out but didn't sag down on the other player at the top of the key, who hit a long 18-footer. Boeheim apparently wanted Frank to be in two places at once (because we know he'd have gone crazy if Frank had dropped down to defend the long two and instead had given #10 a cleaner look from three), and was berating him after the shot. Classic.
the difference at the end was Morgan was going crazy hitting long threes around the 5 minute mark but when Frank got up in his face till the end, no more ridiculous long threes. If Morgan was not shut down, most likely a different outcome to this game.

Hilarious? It's actually sad that JB thinks giving up a long two is bad. Either that, or he just gets so upset that he has to kick the dog... or in this case, the player closest to the shooter.

Jim. I refer to him as Jim.
like, "Jim and I were talking the other night..."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom