Poll on fronting the inbound guy | Syracusefan.com

Poll on fronting the inbound guy

Doe you front the inbound guy in this situation?

• Front the Inbound guy

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Put 5 defenders in the forecourt

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Some kind of a press

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

SWC75

Bored Historian
There's a thread on this already but I wanted to put it in the form of a poll.

Here's a post I was about to make when i saw the other thread. I'll put it here:

When you are defending a lead of two points or less with less than 5 seconds of time to go and the other team has to inbound the ball under their own basket, make them throw it sideways so the clock will star with the ball 80 feet from the basket. Don't let them throw it unimpeded to mid-court where they can get a makeable shot off. Yes, you have 5 defenders down there instead of four but what have you told them? DON'T FOUL! Have you ever seen anybody actually attempt to play defense in that situation? They are all spectators.

(9:17)

Then I saw a clip of the end of regulation between Kentucky and Seton Hall:

Seton Hall vs. Kentucky - Game Videos - December 8, 2018 - ESPN

One thing I will point out about this play is that the inbound defender was crouching down a bit, waving his arms and moving back and forth as if he was guarding the three point line and worried about a drive to the basket as well as the shot. I think you want your tallest player there and you want him to just make sure he stays in front of the guy with his arms up as high as possible. You aren't trying to prevent a pass. You are trying to force one to the side.

if you can run the baseline all it takes is a pump and then the defender jumps and has a free run to throw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom