Poll: positive or negative | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Poll: positive or negative

There was a ton of stuff that was net positive today, despite the outcome.

The negatives--dumb penalties, poor ST coverage--are things that can be corrected. Missed opportunity today, no question, but this team appears to be much better than last year's squad. Bowl team.

I just finished watching. I feel much better about the team after that game. Still think a bowl is VERY difficult... And it's too bad, cause we need it.

There was a ton of stuff that was net positive today, despite the outcome.

The negatives--dumb penalties, poor ST coverage--are things that can be corrected. Missed opportunity today, no question, but this team appears to be much better than last year's squad. Bowl team.

I just finished watching. I feel much better about the team after that game. Still think a bowl is VERY difficult... And it's too bad, cause we need it.

Don't get me wrong GP--lots of negatives today. So many giveaway plays...so many unforced errors that hurt us, poor tackling in general.

The thing is, eliminate any ONE of those plays and we win.

This is not the same team as last year. Our offense is going to be signficantly improved, which bodes well for the rest of the year.

Overall pretty positive despite the mental mistakes and debacles. I did think the tackling was poor in general today especially in the secondary. Surprised this hasn't gotten more run. I'm watching my Trojans (USC alum) just throw the ball short to Lee/Woods all first half in space and letting them turn it into TDs and big gains. This will be a big problem on Saturday.

Overall pretty positive despite the mental mistakes and debacles. I did think the tackling was poor in general today especially in the secondary. Surprised this hasn't gotten more run. I'm watching my Trojans (USC alum) just throw the ball short to Lee/Woods all first half in space and letting them turn it into TDs and big gains. This will be a big problem on Saturday.

Agreed, the tackling was generally bad today. Several 3-4-5 misses before the wrap up. USC will crush us if we do this. Thought Wilkes had a very nice game today. Not sold on our corners.

If and until they find a way to win and stop beating themselves it has to be looked at as an overall negative, there can be no way around that in my head. In year 4 with what I see on paper there cannot be any moral victories. Of course there's improvement and it was great to see them not quit and come back, but it doesn't mean all that much until they find a way to pull a W.

Make less mistakes, use your most talented player more, whatever it takes. Though we came close it didn't happen and while this may sound ridiculous this early on, this was such a crucial game. Color me concerned.

If and until they find a way to win and stop beating themselves it has to be looked at as an overall negative, there can be no way around that in my head. In year 4 with what I see on paper there cannot be any moral victories. Of course there's improvement but it doesn't mean squat unti they find a way to pull a W.

Make less mistakes, use your most talented player more, whatever it takes. Though we came close it didn't happen and while this may sound ridiculous this early on, this was such a crucial game. Color me concerned.

Nothing wrong with a little honesty and perspective. Good post.

If and until they find a way to win and stop beating themselves it has to be looked at as an overall negative, there can be no way around that in my head. In year 4 with what I see on paper there cannot be any moral victories. Of course there's improvement and it was great to see them not quit and come back, but it doesn't mean all that much until they find a way to pull a W.

Bottom line: we need wins.

VERY POSITIVE, WE ARE WAY IMPROVED WITH MAJOR PLAYERS ENTERING THE FOLD/

Agree with all that. I feel positive because I felt like we looked like a D1 team and I predicted a 4-8 finish... I think we might be able to squeek out 5 against a tough schedule.

Very positive, fun to watch and I believe in a game like that Syracuse looked like a football team in the modern era. White knuckling victories is not only tough to watch but long term isn't the answer. I see no reason why we cant get to a bowl game this year. Up tempo, no huddle o will bring a few more mistakes that I am willing to live with. Lyn made a bonehead play, IMO. You make sure the guy is out of bounds but hold him up

Very positive, fun to watch and I believe in a game like that Syracuse looked like a football team in the modern era. White knuckling victories is not only tough to watch but long term isn't the answer. I see no reason why we cant get to a bowl game this year. Up tempo, no huddle o will bring a few more mistakes that I am willing to live with. Lyn made a bonehead play, IMO. You make sure the guy is out of bounds but hold him up
very positive. losing that game was a fluke. my point about yards is that over time it will work out. crazy can happen in a single game. i am now quite excited to see what the offense can do against rutgers and uconn. there are easily 6 wins on this schedule.

offense and defense are both much better than I thought. i think i'm on board with the chuck and duck no huddle crowd now.

very positive. losing that game was a fluke. my point about yards is that over time it will work out. crazy can happen in a single game. i am now quite excited to see what the offense can do against rutgers and uconn. there are easily 6 wins on this schedule.

offense and defense are both much better than I thought. i think i'm on board with the chuck and duck no huddle crowd now.

You can mask a lot of mistakes when you have a decent offense,

We could have hung 50 on this team very easily. One or two things happen differently and we win in a rout. Cover two punts, have Sales' bobble not be caught, and have Smith jump on the ball, and this is not a close game, even with the penalties. Sale's play was unfortunate, Smith's was sort of a freak play in which he lost his concentration, and the punt coverage was bad. Doubt we see anything close to that again. If we score like it looks like we can, we'll win some games.

After today's game...

Who has a positive outlook on what this team can accomplish?

And who has a negative outlook?

And did today's game change your overall impression?

I just got back from 2 pop Warner games and I'm watching the Dvr'd game... I like what I see so far :)45 in 1st)... Damn, I was typing this just before the NW pint return :)

Micro level - very disappointing.

Macro level - very, very positive.

Look at this post from Milly the day after Northwestern. Spot on.

Look at this post from Milly the day after Northwestern. Spot on.
LOL, dude doesn't know about politics :)-)) but his technical analysis and breakdowns starting way back with the whole P thing are amazingly spot on accurate. He's genius savant on all things football, and the other savant on politics.....LOL.

Kidding he says, kidding......

LOL, dude doesn't know about politics :)-)) but his technical analysis and breakdowns starting way back with the whole P thing are amazingly spot on accurate. He's genius savant on all things football, and the other savant on politics.....LOL.

Kidding he says, kidding......

throwing to lemon is bad

and

nassib will have a 120 rating in conference

i just bought 4 tickets because i lost a bet that nassib wouldn't start the season. the 2011 season.

throwing to lemon is bad

and

nassib will have a 120 rating in conference

i just bought 4 tickets because i lost a bet that nassib wouldn't start the season. the 2011 season.
lies, damn lies and statistics. The Lemon analysis was interesting and was something to consider for a while, same too with Nassib. Amazing what a few mistakes (read turnovers) can do to the overall outcome within the numbers. I got it what the breakdowns were at the time.

But (here he goes not wanting to miss the opportunity) this can serve as a good example that what appears to be may not be all there is to the story when looking only stats wise, kind of like a poster on the OT board tried to say happens sometimes when one looks at that stuff over there, you know nuance and anecdotes and the like...just sayin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom