Poll: Tailgating '24 | Syracusefan.com

Poll: Tailgating '24

What Are Your Top Two Away Games For 2024

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Just trying to gauge where everyone is at. Select your two most likely regardless of date played.

Some Quick Tailgate Info Bits for the away games

Cal is ineligible for this poll, due to the BBQ Exclusion Zone. Un-American.

AWAY
@UConn if the game is indeed at Rentschler Field this is by far the easiest tailgate to set up and plan
@BC Tailgating here is expensive and a PITA. If I go, I'm not sure if I'll set up one. TBD
@Cal See BC and add in BBQ Exclusion Zones. LOL Pass IMHO (Stanford looks doable though in '25)
@NCSt assuming the date works this one is automatic for me. Fairly easy to plan and setup.
@Pitt See NCSt. I have never seen a win at Pitt, will '24 be different?

HOME
Aug 31 Ohio
Sept 28th Holy Cross
Hawaii?
Georgia Tech
Miami
Stanford
Virginia Tech

Last edited:
Just trying to gauge where everyone is at. Select your two most likely regardless of date played.

AWAY
@UConn if the game is indeed at Rentschler Field this is by far the easiest tailgate to set up and plan
@BC Tailgating here is expensive and a PITA. If I go, I'm not sure if I'll set up one. TBD
@Cal See BC and add in BBQ Exclusion Zones. LOL Pass IMHO (Stanford looks doable though in '25)
@NCSt assuming the date works this one is automatic for me. Fairly easy to plan and setup.

HOME
Aug 31 Ohio
Sept 28th Holy Cross
Hawaii?
Georgia Tech
Miami
Stanford
Virginia Tech
I think Boston College has now revised its parking policies to make single-game passes available for purchase at the satellite lots. Yeah, you have to take a shuttle to the stadium, but it's not awful.

On-campus parking passes for BC are worth their weight in gold. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

I think Boston College has now revised its parking policies to make single-game passes available for purchase at the satellite lots. Yeah, you have to take a shuttle to the stadium, but it's not awful.

On-campus parking passes for BC are worth their weight in gold. I'll keep my eyes peeled.
We'll keep an eye on their tailgate policies. Shuttle Bus isn't my favorite but it could work.

A lot depends on the schedule. Thanksgiving week game at Pitt , BC, or probably UConn would likely be a non-starter. BC would have been great in 2020 Labor Day weekend, Alumni Club helping to fund a lot and Yanks at Fenway. Karma owes us that one!

I’ll be at Cal game, heading up from the Palm Springs area.

I don’t think they have In N Out in Berkeley, but I stand ready to drive Mark to Almeda or across the Bay bridge for a score.

As far as those listed above, I’m thinking in order of appeal, PITT, UCONN, NC State, BC.

UConn fans are sub-human animals, my tailgating experiences (and all interactions in general) have been universally dreadful. My at-the-time 70 year old dad, who was about the most laid back person in the world - nearly got into a fight with UConn fans at MSG. My vote would be for UConn if we all agree to bring shanks, brass knuckles, switchblades, and other assorted weapons to fend off the barbarians - as a large group we'd have a fighting chance against the savages there.

Otherwise, either Pitt or NC State would be my choice.

Still waiting to have an in n out burger that was decent.. never had a bad 5 guys never had a good in-n-out.

I did want to try a wahlburgers one day.

Totally agree, I've never gotten the In-n-Out praise. It is marginally better than Burger King - at best.

1. Pitt - Closest to home. Always go to this one.
2. NC State - Second closest and a nice stadium that I haven't been to in many years.
3. BC - Never been to this stadium and wife has never been to Boston. Far though.
4. UCONN - went last time and far away.

Actually been to all 4 . Guess it depends what your looking for.
Raleigh = Golf
BC = Boston (Nice city to spend weekend)
Pitt= Pittsburgh( underrated city IMO. )
UConn= Short Drive

Still waiting to have an in n out burger that was decent.. never had a bad 5 guys never had a good in-n-out.

I did want to try a wahlburgers one day.
Wahlburgers real good, was at the one at The Battery in Atlanta near Braves ballpark

Wahlburgers real good, was at the one at The Battery in Atlanta near Braves ballpark
been close twice.. the one at Fenway but got family over ruled.. and there was one in Vegas but just never found the time.

been close twice.. the one at Fenway but got family over ruled.. and there was one in Vegas but just never found the time.
worth it

UConn fans are sub-human animals, my tailgating experiences (and all interactions in general) have been universally dreadful. My at-the-time 70 year old dad, who was about the most laid back person in the world - nearly got into a fight with UConn fans at MSG. My vote would be for UConn if we all agree to bring shanks, brass knuckles, switchblades, and other assorted weapons to fend off the barbarians - as a large group we'd have a fighting chance against the savages there.

Otherwise, either Pitt or NC State would be my choice.
Succinct and spot on summary of UConn fans. They know better than to mess with Mark though.

AWAY

HOME
Aug 31 Ohio
Sept 28th Holy Cross
Hawaii?
Georgia Tech
Miami
Stanford
Virginia Tech
Was really hoping for Army.

I've never had a bad time in Pittsburgh. Good bars, great sandwiches, stadium area is convenient for pre and post game. The worst thing is we never win down there. I expect that to change this year.
We have never won when I've visited Pitt. Everything seems to close too damn early there as well. Station Square or whatever it's called was ok I guess.