Poll: Who do you (realistically) want as next SU Coach? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Poll: Who do you (realistically) want as next SU Coach?

Now that Mullen is out, who do you want (and can realistically get) as SU HC?

• Bob Chesney

Votes: 94 62.3%
  • Fran Brown

Votes: 32 21.2%
  • Tony White

Votes: 13 8.6%
  • Jason Candle

Votes: 12 7.9%

• Total voters
They better get this wrapped up soon. Very bad optics to have not announced by now given other schools fast turnarounds, especially when considering we had a one week head start

Bronco or Jeff Monken. I want an experienced coach than can run a program without all the W_T_F moments we’ve had under DinoBall

Last edited:
They better get this wrapped up soon. Very bad optics to have not announced by now given other schools fast turnarounds, especially when considering we had a one week head start
No no, you're misunderstanding. they've been planning this for months and months and it's not a reboot. It's a continuation of success! They're playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers. It's not easy to be outclassing peer schools by so much.

Feel free to write other realistic options
Under other realistic options...
I believe Mr Wildhack has convened a "search committee" ALONG WITH
the hiring of a firm to find and evaluate candidates.
Kickback and put your feet up...knock down a glass or two of bourbon.
We're going to be just fine...

How about the App State HC (he can bring his OC along too). Hits all of ADJW prerequisites and App State is top 20 passing offense in FBS. 22-10 Conf record. OL guy, he can bring his OC too.

Screen Shot 2023-11-27 at 1.59.06 PM.png

Well I'm just going to repost this since nobody else is even mentioning this guy somehow. People did give it likes when I posted it in the other thread a couple weeks ago but nobody still brings him up.

Will Stein, Oregon's offensive coordinator

- Former Louisville QB
- Co-offensive coordinator for UTSA in 2022. 12th ranked offense in the nation there which is impressive. They've taken a huge step back this year without him
- Current Oregon OC. #2 ranked offense in the nation. 541 ypg
- 34 years old
That’s actually a good little name drop !

And now Scott Shafer is available.
Are we going to have HCDM the first with DCSS??! We are back to playing home games in the NYC metro...

I don't know how to process my feelings about this

Now that Mullen is out, I would like to officially throw my hat into the ring.

The good news is, I am willing to take a massive pay cut from what HCDB made. I’ll accept a $1million per year salary with a guarantee of 5 years. The extra money will all go directly into coordinators, assistants and recruiting. These will be some of the best paid assistants around.

In addition, I will be a “hands off” CEO type who will let the coordinators do their thing. I will, of course, run out of tunnel on game days and wear a headset, so I can hear what plays are being called - or at least listen to Joe Rogan during the games. In addition, I will carry a Kitty Hoynes menu on the sidelines to cover my face so no one will know what I’m saying.

I’ve just got to get my agent on board.

Now that Mullen is out, I would like to officially throw my hat into the ring.

The good news is, I am willing to take a massive pay cut from what HCDB made. I’ll accept a $1million per year salary with a guarantee of 5 years. The extra money will all go directly into coordinators, assistants and recruiting. These will be some of the best paid assistants around.

In addition, I will be a “hands off” CEO type who will let the coordinators do their thing. I will, of course, run out of tunnel on game days and wear a headset, so I can hear what plays are being called - or at least listen to Joe Rogan during the games. In addition, I will carry a Kitty Hoynes menu on the sidelines to cover my face so no one will know what I’m saying.

I’ve just got to get my agent on board.
Damien, is that you?

Well I'm just going to repost this since nobody else is even mentioning this guy somehow. People did give it likes when I posted it in the other thread a couple weeks ago but nobody still brings him up.

Will Stein, Oregon's offensive coordinator

- Former Louisville QB
- Co-offensive coordinator for UTSA in 2022. 12th ranked offense in the nation there which is impressive. They've taken a huge step back this year without him
- Current Oregon OC. #2 ranked offense in the nation. 541 ypg
- 34 years old

This is one, with Gattis and some others, that you hope a search committee identified for an interview.

I don't understand with all this back and forth why anyone would say Nunzio. Because he successfully navigated us through 1 week and beat a 4-7 Wake Forest by 4? No disrespect.
People like writing Italian names

I don't understand with all this back and forth why anyone would say Nunzio. Because he successfully navigated us through 1 week and beat a 4-7 Wake Forest by 4? No disrespect.
I think it's a reflection of the names on the list and not necessarily an endorsement of Nunz.

Also just seeing someone on the sideline this weekend who visibly showed they were invested in the outcome of the game and not stuck in a Doctors waiting room was enough to invigorate fans. He's riding that high

Who is objectively the best recruiter?

Whoever that guy is.

Tell you what this coaching search is far too exhausting. Trying to keep up is a full-time job which in fact is getting away with my real full-time job lol

It’s not bad optics at all at this point. Most likely f not all of the schools that have announced fired their coaches before SU did. That being said, I’d like to see it wrapped up this week.

Things feel awful quiet today, which further leads me to believe the Mullen deal fell through in the final hour. JW must be very busy right now.

My mental needs to see a credible tweet indicating wth is going on lol

Chesney and he needs to retain Nunzio and bring in lots of staff with P5 experience/recruiting connections. If we can get a guy who knows how to coach kids up and manages a game well(I think Chesney fits the bill) and match that with staff who can work the portal for high end kids and high school for solid 3 star types, then I think we have something solid. I think anyone minus Mullen will lead to portaling of some good players so hopefully the new guy, whomever it is, can minimize that

Chesney and he needs to retain Nunzio and bring in lots of staff with P5 experience/recruiting connections. If we can get a guy who knows how to coach kids up and manages a game well(I think Chesney fits the bill) and match that with staff who can work the portal for high end kids and high school for solid 3 star types, then I think we have something solid. I think anyone minus Mullen will lead to portaling of some good players so hopefully the new guy, whomever it is, can minimize that
I would have a hard time believing a bunch of other teams aren't going to be coming after Nunzi. With more money than Syracuse can offer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom