POLL: Who's itching to get to the ACC? | Syracusefan.com

POLL: Who's itching to get to the ACC?

Are you looking forward to our move to the ACC?

• Yes, our games will be so much more enjoyable to watch!

Votes: 39 73.6%
  • Yes, but our games will still end up being meat grinders that are tough to watch.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • No, nothing will ever be as good as Big East basketball.

Votes: 9 17.0%

• Total voters

asj410

Starter
After last night's bruiser of a game, where this Chubby McChubbins guy got everything he wanted on the floor but a Big Mac, who here is really looking forward to moving to the ACC now? BE games have gotten so hard to watch, it seems to me that next year's conference games might be more enjoyable with fewer of these grind-it-out games. Or has this infection spread into the ACC too? Anybody worried that Pitt will eventually infect the rest of the league?

After last night's bruiser of a game, where this Chubby McChubbins guy got everything he wanted on the floor but a Big Mac, who here is really looking forward to moving to the ACC now? BE games have gotten so hard to watch, it seems to me that next year's conference games might be more enjoyable with fewer of these grind-it-out games. Or has this infection spread into the ACC too? Anybody worried that Pitt will eventually infect the rest of the league?

I am first in line

Count me in. Get me out of this God forsaken conference. Just look at ACC scores, for the most part they ::gasp:: score points. What a strange concept.

Can't wait. Big East basketball is just a painful exercise to watch. Every single BE team plays clutch and grab defense. I want this BE season to end. I'll force myself to enjoy the BET and hope we play Saturday night, but after this season I will not miss the Big East.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Why should Big East basketball be any less of a dumpster fire than the conference is as a whole?

People are insane -- you just watched a tight back-and-forth game between two elite programs at an arena that was hopping and you want to leave that behind? I'm confused.

I cannot wait to get out of this conference. My only concern is the big east officials will start calling ACC games. i have seen Burr at a few ACC games. We all know officials are about themselves and they think they are bigger than the game itself. But overall I am glad we are out...

People are insane -- you just watched a tight back-and-forth game between two elite programs at an arena that was hopping and you want to leave that behind? I'm confused.

Bigtime leave.

We played team that has one way to win, butcher the heck out of the game and get calls. Gimme NCSU and let's run up and down the court like the game should be played.

We can rip Pitt clutch and grab all we want on the D-end, but they move the ball a hell of a lot better than us in the half court.

Bigtime leave.

We played team that has one way to win, butcher the heck out of the game and get calls. Gimme NCSU and let's run up and down the court like the game should be played.

What do you think other ACC teams are going to start doing if Pitt and UVA start having a bit of success doing the same thing? Once schools figure out they can win this way, they all start doing it. Started with the Big 10, spread to the BE and now will work it's way to the ACC.

We can rip Pitt all we want, but they probably ran more better half court sets in one half against us then we have ran the entire Big East season.

Yeah, and this is a good point. Teams that have good offensive players and execute well can still score at pretty good rates in the BE. We're not scoring b/c we stink offensively. Yes, style of play has gotten ugly, but we're also ripe for the picking due to our suckitude offensively.

What do you think other ACC teams are going to start doing if Pitt and UVA start having a bit of success doing the same thing? Once schools figure out they can win this way, they all start doing it. Started with the Big 10, spread to the BE and now will work it's way to the ACC.

Bray, Pitino, Roy, Coach K, will be there for a while. Let's see how a Pitt game gets called in the ACC before that happens.

We can rip Pitt clutch and grab all we want on the D-end, but they move the ball a hell of a lot better than us in the half court.

I know man. Marquette's defense wasn't even that good. They didn't clutch/grab. You're right about Pitt offense. What do you think Plumlee would've done to Rak/Baye/James? He would've discarded them like they weren't even there as well. How about the big boy from Miami? I'm tired of the sour grapes-officiating rants. Many times we simply watched Gardner get rebounds.

Bray, Pitino, Roy, Coach K, will be there for a while. Let's see how a Pitt game gets called in the ACC before that happens.

But Pitino and Bray have adopted much more physical, low-scoring ugly brands of basketball for the most part as well. Bray's last few teams look nothing like most of his team's prior to maybe 2-3 years ago. Same for Pitino -- both grinding it out much more than ever before.

130225034543_acc_bar_logo.jpg

Anyone remember the hay day of the BEAST when teams ran the court and games were decided by scores of 101-96 before the officials retired and it became the ugliest brand of hoops on the planet. Ahh those were the days please get us out of this mess of a conference!

:bang:

Anyone remember the hay day of the BEAST when teams ran the court and games were decided by scores of 101-96 before the officials retired and it became the ugliest brand of hoops on the planet. Ahh those were the days please get us out of this mess of a conference!

:bang:

It takes 5 overtimes to get to that kind of score nowadays...

I think people are really getting sick of nearly every conference game being played in the 40s and 50s.

I think people are really getting sick of nearly every conference game being played in the 40s and 50s.

I'm there with you but I think we have an awful lot of that to blame on ourselves. This is a bad offensive team. Marquette hasn't even been that good defensively and we had 53 with 8 minutes left. That wasn't really all that low-scoring a game.

I am. the BE has been barely watchable the last few years and the quality of play has declined quite a bit.