Poll: Will we have better chemistry earlier then the last 2 years?? | Syracusefan.com

Poll: Will we have better chemistry earlier then the last 2 years??

Will/lose aside will we start off slow the first few games???

• Total voters

orangefan13

Hall of Fame
Edit: poll reads Win/lose aside.

I think back to the last 2 years and we were not a well oiled machine the first quarter of the season. But, I guess thats not uncommon with younger talent and we did win.

Wonder if we will see the same this year.
What do you think?

My guess is No. I think we will look better then last year early on, because of Cooney, Dajuan, Southerland and Fair's ability to put the ball in the basket. With MCW and Triche leading and with Rak taking what they can get. Then again Rak could be a offensive short hook monster.

Let me go 'grammatical' here:

1. "Wins/Losses" aside ... (what does starting off slow[ly] mean if we can't count wins and losses?)
2. Way to[o] early to tell ..
3. I think we [will] have better chemistry th[a]n [we had] the last two years
4. MCW's [] To[o] good to let that happen.

Ok, now I'm done obsessing, I think we'll start off slowly. Nobody believes me, but this team, talented as it is, is also quite young, especially at guard. Our starting center is a frosh ... so I'm expecting some early bleeding (losses). Around the end of February, when this team's experience catches up with its talent, this team could be very good.

We haven't lost in the non-conference since the 08-09 season I don't expect to lose in the non-conference this year either. We have a freshmen center but his back-up is a junior. Our young guards have a year of coaching under their belts and BT will be out there to keep people calm. Chemistry is overrated in sports they are not dating they're playing basketball. Everybody is friends when they win and pissed at each other if they are not. 30+ wins this year lets get it started already!

We haven't lost in the non-conference since the 08-09 season I don't expect to lose in the non-conference this year either. We have a freshmen center but his back-up is a junior. Our young guards have a year of coaching under their belts and BT will be out there to keep people calm. Chemistry is overrated in sports they are not dating they're playing basketball. Everybody is friends when they win and pissed at each other if they are not. 30+ wins this year lets get it started already!
OMG 30+ wins... insane!! (I love it). But there is reason for excitement:

1. BT will be a senior leader out there and will log lots of minutes.
2. MCW is coming off a 10mpg season ... but we all know he can play and is ready to take the next step;
3. Having a 6'9-10" center that weighs almost 290 pounds... will come in very handy against all the tall trees/bigs we will face this year, and it doesn't hurt that he has a portfolio of low post moves to go with a mid-range jumper;
4. I just watched a dvr of the SU-UConn game (game 3) in the BET ... wow, Rak and JS must have blocked Drummond's shot 4-5 times. Rak also looked good on the glass. I know his RBpm numbers are good, but we need him to play above the rim this year; and
5. We're silly deep at forward this year.

I won't do the dark side... you all have heard enough of that.

1. "Wins/Losses" aside ... (what does starting off slow[ly] mean if we can't count wins and losses?)

Ok, now I'm done obsessing, I think we'll start off slowly. Nobody's believes me, but this team, talented as it is, is also quite young, especially at guard. Our starting center is a frosh ... so I'm expecting some early bleeding (losses). Around the end of February, when this team's experience catches up with its talent, this team could be very good.
First off, the OF13 corrections had to be done. It was getting ridiculous (and he didn't even fire in one of his trademark "alot"). Although your follow-up with "Nobody's believes me" seems out of place.

Now to your point, I disagree. We have a lot of experience returning. The guards are all upper classmen, all have been in the system at least a year. And the frosh center we have coming in has spent a lot of time with the players, not your average frosh.

I think this team should be good right out of the gate. But the game out West, on a boat, will be a test.

First off, the OF13 corrections had to be done. It was getting ridiculous (and he didn't even fire in one of his trademark "alot"). Although your follow-up with "Nobody's believes me" seems out of place.

Now to your point, I disagree. We have a lot of experience returning. The guards are all upper classmen, all have been in the system at least a year. And the frosh center we have coming in has spent a lot of time with the players, not your average frosh.

I think this team should be good right out of the gate. But the game out West, on a boat, will be a test.

I think shooting jump shots against our 2-3 zone with even the slightest sea breeze is going to be a killer for the opposing team. Did you see the UNC Mich. St last season...brick city!

'Nobody's' typo fixed by edit, Sarge. ;) At any rate, you're saying the guards are all upperclassmen? How is that? Besides BT there's a RS freshman (TC), and a sophomore who logged only 10mpg last year. That's a pretty green backcourt to be described as "all upperclassmen".

And as for DC2 -- he'll be a monster, no doubt. But there will be a learning curve; he'll be facing 6'10-7' almost every night in conference. He's not a sky-walker -- you don't get 290 very far off the floor. So we'll see how his game translates on the big stage.

'Nobody's' typo fixed by edit, Sarge. ;) At any rate, you're saying the guards are all upperclassmen? How is that? Besides BT there's a RS freshman (TC), and a sophomore who logged only 10mpg last year. That's a pretty green backcourt to be described as "all upperclassmen".

And as for DC2 -- he'll be a monster, no doubt. But there will be a learning curve; he'll be facing 6'10-7' almost every night in conference. He's not a sky-walker -- you don't get 290 very far off the floor. So we'll see how his game translates on the big stage.
My point for the guards is that they have had at least a year of the zone practice. They will know their assignments and JB will be able to communicate adjustments to them easily. MCW also played at JB's camp and is one of those coache's kid types. He has shown a high Bball IQ. And, of course BT is a senior. So that's a high IQ sophomore and a 4 year senior starter. I certainly don't expect any of the outbursts of frustration that we saw with Flynn and Harris.

As for the center position, you mention the in-conference but that's not early on. Early on, if DC2 has problems he will get pulled for BMK. BMK is a junior with significant minutes under his belt. There is also Rak available at center who has logged some time. That's 2 McDs and a 7' junior available at center. Arguably the best center depth ever at SU.

An MCW, BT, CJ, JS, BMK/Rak lineup has a lot of experience in it. That lineup could be on the floor at the end of any close early games if DC2 hasn't earned the trust of JB.

Ok, now I'm done obsessing, I think we'll start off slowly. Nobody believes me, but this team, talented as it is, is also quite young, especially at guard. Our starting center is a frosh ... so I'm expecting some early bleeding (losses). Around the end of February, when this team's experience catches up with its talent, this team could be very good.
I thought you were going to go then/than upside his head. Color me disappointed. :(

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I’m pretty much with reedny on this. I think that they will be wildly inconsistent early on but very good after Christmas. Watch out for the February swoon that we pretty much avoided last year.

We'll have much better chemistry than the last 2 years.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Typically its hard to deal with our zone early in the season.
I think it will depend on the offense.

Scoop, Dion, KJO, and Melo averaged
8.2 12.0 13.7 6.7 ppg in the first 10 early on last year. Thats 40.6 ppg to make up for.

We averaged 80.1 ppg over the first 10 last year . While that says not slow 3-4 of those wins came on late runs and transition.

We'll have much better chemistry than the last 2 years.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
I hope some of you are right about "better chemistry" but we won't know until we see it in tough games. Posters complained about chemistry or whether Scoop was a leader -- and Scoop's teams kept winning.

This team has very little swagger (or whatever you want to call it). Worries me. Maybe the key really is Southerland. Some keys losses and I could see them losing confidence.

This team has very little swagger (or whatever you want to call it). Worries me. Maybe the key really is Southerland. Some keys losses and I could see them losing confidence.

While I think swagger (or whatever you want to call it) is overrated, I believe MCW will lead the team in swagger. But I'm not sure we'll have much swagger depth.

What the team might lack in swagger they make up for in toughness. Dajuan, Rak, Senior Triche. Agree on MCW and Southerland leading in swagger, I wouldn't count out brandon or Cooney if he shoots off the dribble once in a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom