Polls (3/21/22): Media NR / Coaches NR | Syracusefan.com

Polls (3/21/22): Media NR / Coaches NR

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
623875f792656.jpg

There was question on who No. 1 was heading into this past weekend.

Undefeated Maryland left no doubt in a decisive win at Audi Field in Washington, D.C. The Terps (7-0) beat Virginia, 23-12. Maryland is receiving all the first-place votes in the Men's DI Media Poll for Week 6.

The Cavaliers bumped down to No. 3, and in their place pops up Princeton. The Tigers won what was the game of the year so far in men’s DI, dropping Penn in overtime, 21-20.

Cornell, Georgetown and Penn follow. The Ivy League continues to be featured throughout the rankings; those teams haven’t lost out of conference in March, and they showcased their talents with three one-goal league games over the weekend. Yale (14), Harvard (15) and Brown (17) remain in the back half of the Top 20, while Dartmouth is still receiving votes.

Three teams, all of whom were receiving votes, are back in the Top 20 after weekend wins. Denver is up to 18 after topping Ohio State; Lehigh is up to 19 after topping Army; Delaware is at 20 after topping Johns Hopkins.

Neither Johns Hopkins nor Syracuse are in the Top 20, though both are receiving votes.

Check out the full Men's DI Media Poll here.

1. Maryland (23)
2. Princeton
3. Virginia
4. Cornell
5. Georgetown

623885a53c7f9.jpg

The group of teams I considered for the two open spots was bigger than last week: Syracuse, Lehigh and Delaware, all ranked earlier this season, both coming off wins over currently or previously ranked opponents. I gave an extended look at Fairfield, who’s won three straight and doesn’t have a bad loss (Stony Brook, Villanova, Harvard). I also watched most or all of four teams who are on the brink of the Top 20 but lost this weekend — the Seawolves, Bucknell, Drexel and High Point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom