Polls: AP #22 / Coaches #21 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Polls: AP #22 / Coaches #21

No way Kansas should be higher than SU
Their wins are better. At Houston and WVU. Iowa State is better than Louisville. Duke and UVA are the same.

They deserve to be ahead of the 1 loss teams. If we beat NC State we should not be behind any 1 loss team.

Alright. I just realized that Dino has been head coach for the same amount of time as Marrone/Shafer. Less bowl games... more times ranked. Way higher highs. Far better talent. And covid time dilation. We've been ranked... twice during this coaching tenure. I started watching in... 2006. It's the only times we've been ranked.

Don't mind this random stream of thought.

Alright. I just realized that Dino has been head coach for the same amount of time as Marrone/Shafer. Less bowl games... more times ranked. Way higher highs. Far better talent. And covid time dilation. We've been ranked... twice during this coaching tenure. I started watching in... 2006. It's the only times we've been ranked.

Ranked three times!

Marrone had stuff trending up. Had he stuck around, I think the program keeps improving.

Shafer had us trending down. And that's all I have to say about that.

Babers right now has us trending up.

We are top 25 in the country both polls? But..but our QB I was told is average and couldn't improve! This is preposterous! :rolleyes:. Congrats to the team and the coaches, allot of people working hard. Now let's work through the 2nd half of the season and keep adding to the win tally.
Coaching matters!!!

We are top 25 in the country both polls? But..but our QB I was told is average and couldn't improve! This is preposterous! :rolleyes:. Congrats to the team and the coaches, allot of people working hard. Now let's work through the 2nd half of the season and keep adding to the win tally.
Awwwww, that's nothing. "He can only play wide receiver," bad judge of talent coach in Mississippi. I'll ride the wave with the washed up QB/wide receiver with no upside. He seems fine to me. Fully agree with of your sentiments.

Awwwww, that's nothing. "He can only play wide receiver," bad judge of talent coach in Mississippi. I'll ride the wave with the washed up QB/wide receiver with no upside. He seems fine to me. Fully agree with of your sentiments.
Uh... I mean, Shrader has definitely improved and is putting up nice numbers, but Leach isn't a bad judge of QB talent. At all. Shrader just didn't match up with what he likes to do.

What justification is there for putting Washington at #21 ahead of us? They just lost to UCLA (who barely survived against South Alabama) and their wins aren't more impressive than ours. They beat two P5 teams, Michigan State and Stanford. Stanford looks really mediocre this year and Michigan State has lost three in a row including a blowout loss to Minnesota (who just lost at home to Purdue who we beat).

Washington might be better than us but looking at current resumes they have no business being ahead os Syracuse. I'd love to know how pollsters could justify putting them ahead.

Uh... I mean, Shrader has definitely improved and is putting up nice numbers, but Leach isn't a bad judge of QB talent. At all. Shrader just didn't match up with what he likes to do.
Joe Morehead, who pretty much everyone on this board wanted to replace Dino is a pretty good judge as well right? Uh, he brought Garrett in as his QB to the SEC sooooo maybe there was something to him being a good QB. Interesting side note Morehead started recruiting Garrett at Penn State. So Garrett was viewed talented enough for both the ACC and the Big.

Joe Morehead, who pretty much everyone on this board wanted to replace Dino is a pretty good judge as well right? Uh, he brought Garrett in as his QB to the SEC sooooo maybe there was something to him being a good QB. Interesting side note Morehead started recruiting Garrett at Penn State. So Garrett was viewed talented enough for both the ACC and the Big.
You're not really following what I'm saying.

System fit matters.

Shrader not fitting Leach's system doesn't mean that Shrader can't be a good QB in another system.

Shrader not fitting Leach's system also doesn't mean there's something wrong with Leach's system.

You're getting defensive about Shrader for no reason.

And to top it off we now have dropped 2 ranked teams off of our remaining schedule (lol Pitt and Fl. St.)
Or two teams our remaining schedule have dropped off the rankings. :cool:

Marrone had stuff trending up. Had he stuck around, I think the program keeps improving.

Shafer had us trending down. And that's all I have to say about that.

Babers right now has us trending up.

Marrone would never had recruited well in the long run, imo. He’s an NFL guy thru and thru (in terms of what he wants).

Gotta be the first time we’ve been ranked in the regular season and what 20 years?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom