Poor Buddy | Syracusefan.com

Poor Buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcsu

Living Legend
I feel badly for him as he is obviously a nervous wreck. He has a great shot with almost perfect form and yet in watching him play/shoot his mechanics are completely off. I hope that he gets a chance to help the team this year and regains his confidence.

I have zero worries about Buddy being a useful, off the bench sniper as a Junior/Senior (maybe next year).

He has no business being out there right now, and that's fine. Hopefully JB stops forcing it because we cant afford to waste even 3-4 minutes with a bad rotation move at this point.

I feel badly for him as he is obviously a nervous wreck. He has a great shot with almost perfect form and yet in watching him play/shoot his mechanics are completely off. I hope that he gets a chance to help the team this year and regains his confidence.

sounds like a lot of freshman.

In my opinion, it makes more sense to give a couple minutes to Washington at this point. A chance to shake things up with a different PG to see if he can make the offense look more functional.

Limited sample size, but I thought he was quite poised last season. A more natural point guard than Howard and Carey, imo (which certainly doesn't mean he should be playing those minutes, Howard and Carey to this point contribute more across the board).

The funny thing about people complaining about Buddy is a lot of those same people think Girard is going to come in and instantly be a player here when Buddy was the better player in AAU. Boy do those people have something coming to them when Girard struggles next year.

The funny thing about people complaining about Buddy is a lot of those same people think Girard is going to come in and instantly be a player here when Buddy was the better player in AAU. Boy do those people have something coming to them when Girard struggles next year.
if JG struggles it will be interesting if he is getting any burn 10 games in

Can't help matters when we schedule Cornell and he has to sit through all that drivel and be the center of attention as a fringe player.

When his shot begins to fall, he will get a lot of PT. He has to get into some games to get time to make it happen.

I don't think Buddy is nervous, the game is just too fast for him right now. He'll adjust. This year was never going to be his year.

That’s what it seems like also. He’s not a type though who’s going to pull off that move against a pretty athletic ODU guard. The issue is that Buddy, as per some of the board experts, was supposed to come in and be JJ Redick 2.0 to not only bolster the offense but to be a true weapon as well this year.

That’s what it seems like also. He’s not a type though who’s going to pull off that move against a pretty athletic ODU guard. The issue is that Buddy, as per some of the board experts, was supposed to come in and be JJ Redick 2.0 to not only bolster the offense but to be a true weapon as well this year.

People seem to forget that Andy wasn't good until he was an upperclassman. Buddy is basically a taller Andy. It was always going to take time.

Buddy is a less athletic Andy. Biggest issue is his foot speed is not at an ACC level, especially for the area he has to cover up top. Getting out on shooters, denying penetration, that will always be a liability. Not sure why he didn't follow his brother to Cornell.

I think the game looks too fast for him as well. I don't think the reason he is playing 4 minutes a game is because he is Jim son though. I think JAB is really hoping he hits a few shots and gets some confidence because I think in the back of JAB's mind we might need him at some point when Frank gets into foul trouble and we need someone who can shoot from the perimeter. I'm not saying I agree with that but I think that is thinking.

I think Buddy understands that his primary role is as a three point shooter.

The problem that I see, is that Buddy is not part of the regular rotation, nor should he be at this stage of his career. So, garbage time aside, he only gets his cameos when others are cold. That puts a lot of pressure on him to hoist up quick treys. He is not letting the shots come to him.

Most here feel that Buddy's time will not come before next season. I am much more on the fence in that regard. He has what this team badly needs, a three point threat off the bench. That is probably the team's biggest need after some halfway decent center play and Oshae to be Oshae.

Anyways, in that non-regular role it is unrealistic to think Buddy could be a consistent difference maker off the bench this season, but i still think if he settles down and stops trying to force things that he can make the difference in at least a few games.

Buddy is a less athletic Andy. Biggest issue is his foot speed is not at an ACC level, especially for the area he has to cover up top. Getting out on shooters, denying penetration, that will always be a liability. Not sure why he didn't follow his brother to Cornell.

No one thought Andy was athletic as a freshman so not sure how you can assume that. Andy was good for mop up duty in 05-06. Showed so improvement and hit a few big shots late in the 07 season. Injured. Then came on great for his 4th and 5th years. It's ridiculous to compare 09/10 Andy with freshman Buddy.

If Buddy was anyone else he wouldn’t get off the bench except for garbage time the rest of the year.

I think the game looks too fast for him as well. I don't think the reason he is playing 4 minutes a game is because he is Jim son though. I think JAB is really hoping he hits a few shots and gets some confidence because I think in the back of JAB's mind we might need him at some point when Frank gets into foul trouble and we need someone who can shoot from the perimeter. I'm not saying I agree with that but I think that is thinking.

Thank you, cuseinseattle. I've said this before, but the whole nepotism conspiracy is by far the most infuriating opinion I have heard on this forum. Do people honestly think Boeheim is only playing Buddy because he is his son? Like is that seriously what people think is happening? You act like Boeheim has never made quick substitutions/experimented with the lineup in the first half when he has the bodies, even when those bodies are not guaranteed points. I'm not saying I agree with him playing Buddy against ODU or GTown, but I at least don't think he did it because he valued watching his flesh and blood play in the dome over the well being of the team, which some people on here seem to sincerely believe.

Why can't both succeed next year? Don't we want both to be successful.

Why'd Gonzaga want him then? They are top 5 in the country. Did you even follow his prep career?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom