Poor Game by Nassib | Syracusefan.com

Poor Game by Nassib

fanfanclubclub

Scout Team
I think Hackett and Marrone are taking too much blame.

Nassib played like Captain Checkdown today. He simply isn't delivering the ball within the rhythm of the offense. Even when he enjoyed solid protection, he too often held the ball. He missed open receivers, but even worse, he repeatedly failed to take chances when our WRs got down field with single coverage. Today was simply a very poor game from our QB: 4.5 yards per pass.

IMO, the only positions we have not substantially upgraded since Greggers are QB and RB. People get distracted by the shiny TD:INT ratio, but Nassib's career QB rating against AQs (115) is now below Andrew Robinson's (117): largely because Nassib gets such a low yardage per attempt.

Nassib's game today perfectly illustrates how some lousy, short passing game offenses sometimes trick people with sorta-decent looking statistics. Nassib did nothing to hurt his completion percentage or his TD:INT ratio today, even though his inability to move the chains nearly got us shutout by pizzaville. As is very often the case with pass-happy, YAC, short route offenses, it was Nassib's yards/pass that killed us.

Hopefully Graham continues to bust out. If he can start turning the safeties' backs with some Air Coryell downfield action, that would really help Nassib leave the checkdown disasters behind us.

In Nassib's defense, though, that was a pretty good L'Ville defense.

Poor game in a lot of respects but agree, Nassib deserves some blame. The throws weren't there.

Nassib played like Captain Checkdown today. He simply isn't delivering the ball within the rhythm of the offense. Even when he enjoyed solid protection, he too often held the ball. He missed open receivers, but even worse, he repeatedly failed to take chances when our WRs got down field with single coverage. Today was simply a very poor game from our QB: 3.9 yards per pass.

IMO, the only positions we have not substantially upgraded since Greggers are QB and RB. People get distracted by the shiny TD:INT ratio, but Nassib's career QB rating against AQs (115) is now below Andrew Robinson's (117): largely because Nassib gets such a low yardage per attempt.

Nassib's game today perfectly illustrates how some lousy, short passing game offenses sometimes trick people with sorta-decent looking statistics. Nassib did nothing to hurt his completion percentage or his TD:INT ratio today, even though his inability to move the chains nearly got us shutout by pizzaville. As is very often the case with pass-happy, YAC, short route (gimmicky) offenses, it was Nassib's yards/pass that killed us.

Hopefully Graham continues to bust out. If he can start turning the safeties' backs with some Air Coryell downfield action, that would really help Nassib leave the checkdown disasters behind us.
thread title is the understatement of the year

best SU qb since mcnabb and the worst unchallenged 3 year starter since the big bang

That 3rd down check down to bailey isn't fooling anybody. You don't check down on 3rd and 10. Nassib should know this. If you don't have anyone open, you throw to any receiver in or near the endzone ... if it gets picked it's better than a punt.

Nassib played like Captain Checkdown today. He simply isn't delivering the ball within the rhythm of the offense. Even when he enjoyed solid protection, he too often held the ball. He missed open receivers, but even worse, he repeatedly failed to take chances when our WRs got down field with single coverage. Today was simply a very poor game from our QB: 4.5 yards per pass.

Nassib's game today perfectly illustrates how some lousy, short passing game offenses sometimes trick people with sorta-decent looking statistics. Nassib did nothing to hurt his completion percentage or his TD:INT ratio today, even though his inability to move the chains nearly got us shutout by pizzaville. As is very often the case with pass-happy, YAC, short route offenses, it was Nassib's yards/pass that killed us.

In Nassib's defense, though, that was a pretty good L'Ville defense.

I notice you didn't post this after his 5TD performance last week. He played terribly today but stop with the nonsensical, rambling posts. If you don't think Nassib is an upgrade over Perry Patterson, I"m not sure you are as smart as you think you are.

SU need a Center that can block. Start the blame game there !
I don't think Mackey's been that bad this year, actually, even though blocking wise he's certainly no Bart. I'm more disappointed in Chibane and Hay.