Poppy's Poll (Vol. 1) | Syracusefan.com

Poppy's Poll (Vol. 1)

Did the referees in the SU-SDSU advantage either team?

• Yes, Syracuse University

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Yes, San Diego State University

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 28 42.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PoppyHart

All American
I'm gonna try an experiment this year to gauge perception on refereeing. I will ask 1 simple question after each game:

Q. Did the referees provide an advantage to either team?

A.
1. Yes, Syracuse
2. Yes, the opponent
3. No.

While I have a presumption, I am curious to see how this plays out.

Please simply vote, and do not make this into a big thread full of commentary and intended humor. (I know that will not happen)

I will update the perceptions along the way. Polls will close after 48 hours.

So, without further ado...

The refs sucked for sure, but SDSU sucked even more. If they could have shot the ball better then the refs would have been a factor, but they didn't and we won't see these refs again unless they are in the NCAAT.

Sometimes I think the internet was started just so people could post thoughts about how the refs screwed them.

Sometimes I think the internet was started just so people could post thoughts about how the refs screwed them.
Al Gore invented it after the famous 1968 Harvard - Yale 29-29 tie, when he tried to convince everyone the refs favored Yale.

Let me guess, you predict (and hope) everybody votes that the refs helped SDSU. And then you can ridicule them about being a homer, and not understanding basketball. Am I right?

...or simple fact that nearly 3X more fouls were called against Syracuse who took 17 less 3 point shots and played almost exclusively from foul line in...can you tell me how it is possible for SDSU to have 3X more fouls called against 'Cuse

Let me guess, you predict (and hope) everybody votes that the refs helped SDSU. And then you can ridicule them about being a homer, and not understanding basketball. Am I right?

I think that's the shtick. Pretty transparent, IMO.

There were two different games being called inside. Doesn't bother me much, we've had our share of bad calls going our way against other teams too. Both teams were getting hacked equally inside but that's not the way the officials called it. That's my opinion and it's not driven by a loss so I think it's valid.

There were two different games being called inside. Doesn't bother me much, we've had our share of bad calls going our way against other teams too. Both teams were getting hacked equally inside but that's not the way the officials called it. That's my opinion and it's not driven by a loss so I think it's valid.

I can think of several offhand. I never understand why people whine about those who point out bad officiating.

Something about walking and quacking like a duck.

Yeah, I'm trying to understand how this will tie back to Pittsburgh somehow.

It's a season long experiment. Has nothing to do with one game. I'm sorry you are offended.

It's a season long experiment. Has nothing to do with one game. I'm sorry you are offended.

Well if that won't induce the lab rats to step up and participate, nothing will.

Well if that won't induce the lab rats to step up and participate, nothing will.

I'm creating foursquare-like badges for checking in and participating.

Seriously though, the idea is/was to try to decipher differences in perception based on opponent, location, outcome, refs, etc... The general propensity of the voters is obvious, and not to be unexpected from any fan base. But I was thinking that the magnitude and fluctuation of the votes might yield some interesting information. It's apparent, though, that the friction it would cause would overwhelm any insights.

A.
1. Yes, Syracuse

With two young and one reserve big, I was happy how few whistles we had, especially on "group block" type plays where there were about 8 guys under the hoop. I know SDSU got to the line more, but I feel they could have been there all day if the refs called the game differently.

A.
1. Yes, Syracuse

With two young and one reserve big, I was happy how few whistles we had, especially on "group block" type plays where there were about 8 guys under the hoop. I know SDSU got to the line more, but I feel they could have been there all day if the refs called the game differently.

Because of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poppys poll is a little sloppy.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Poppys poll is a little sloppy.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

You ain't kiddin...

seinfeld_episode091_337x233_040420061511.jpg

This self hating Syracuse fan shtick is the dirt worst. Just sayin...

I'm able to maintain a modicum of objectivity and don't feel compelled to scream OMG MEDIA HATES US!!!one whenever someone prints a piece that's not 100 percent complimentary of Boeheim and Syracuse.

I'm a self hater only when viewed alongside the runaway homerism on this board. But I'm ok with that.

This self hating Syracuse fan shtick is the dirt worst. Just sayin...

I don't know...I think the contrarians are pretty entertaining, albeit unintentionally

My "guess" would be that people are critical of the refs after a loss, and less so after a win. This is probably the hypothesis here.

I'm able to maintain a modicum of objectivity and don't feel compelled to scream OMG MEDIA HATES US!!!one whenever someone prints a piece that's not 100 percent complimentary of Boeheim and Syracuse.

I'm a self hater only when viewed alongside the runaway homerism on this board. But I'm ok with that.

Look at your last 20 posts. You've made a grand total of 0 posts about our game/team. Every post is bitching about someone bitching about SOS or media. You are doing shtick. If you want to do your shtick better, mix in a post about the actual team, gives the shtick credibility.