Position By Position Preview: Point Guard | Syracusefan.com

Position By Position Preview: Point Guard

...well written...will be interesting if MCW gets upwards of 12-15 minutes a game

Interesting that you include Triche in the PG write-up. He is our starting SG after all.

first paragraph off to a good start:

"so we will leave him off this lost for purposes of the point guard preview, we will leave him off."

Also what does this mean:

"but Scoop also sets the zone and makes the defensive calls."

scoop reminds everyone that they are playing zone each time down the court?

Interesting that you include Triche in the PG write-up. He is our starting SG after all.
Yes but he has a PG mentality. Also, I believe he spends maybe 10 mins per game playing the point with Waiters playing SG. If you had to list a depth chart for PG I believe it looks like this:

1. Scoop
2. Triche
3. Carter-Williams

Also what does this mean:

"but Scoop also sets the zone and makes the defensive calls."

scoop reminds everyone that they are playing zone each time down the court?
The zone reads and reacts to the offense. When to collapse, where to rotate, how much to rotate, when to expand, when and where to trap, etc. Those calls/decisions are made by Scoop on the court. Much like a MLB on defense in football.

Yes but he has a PG mentality. Also, I believe he spends maybe 10 mins per game playing the point with Waiters playing SG. If you had to list a depth chart for PG I believe it looks like this:

1. Scoop
2. Triche
3. Carter-Williams

Very true. Maybe he will be on both lists. Looking forward to the rest of the preview.

Your blog is off to a good start, keep it coming! Also, i'm hoping you write up a very detailed report on SU's first game as I will be traveling and am likely going to miss it.

Your blog is off to a good start, keep it coming! Also, i'm hoping you write up a very detailed report on SU's first game as I will be traveling and am likely going to miss it.
You mean the first game of the regular season? Fordham? Don't worry, I will be doing game reviews for every game. Some more detailed than others, but if you want detail for this game, you got it! Just do me a favor, pass along the Nation of Orange site to some friends and have them like the Facebook page and/or follow the twitter page! Links are in my signature. Appreciate the support!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom