Positive about MCW | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Positive about MCW

I thought his demeanor was much more stoic.
Stoic to the point he looked like he was told to do something he might not have agreed with. I never saw him smile once during the game.

It really seemed to me that he was making conscious effort throughout the game to defer shooting in favor of passing.
He hasn't let the game come to him like that consistently since the L&T incident. Good sign. If we can continue to get scoring from Grant and Rak, I'd love to see him play this way going forward.

The time MCW spent on the bench in the first half seemed to wake him up. Triche actually ran the point very effectively in a controlled manner during that stretch, and you could almost hear JB whispering in MCW's ear: "Hey, this is the way you were doing it earlier in the season. Now let's get back to that."

I also noticed, along those lines, our offense looked like it had a lot more movement in the halfcourt set than we've seen recently. There was pretty constant motion from the people off the ball, which hasn't always been the case in our more stagnant stretches recently.

JB mentioned that in his interview with Bilas after the game. The team has a lot more movement on offense and while we still couldn't shoot a lick, the shots were open and better than we've gotten in a while. Instead of MCW just pounding the ball into the court and then driving out of control, the offense looked a lot smoother and able to get good shots.

He hasn't let the game come to him like that consistently since the L&T incident. Good sign. If we can continue to get scoring from Grant and Rak, I'd love to see him play this way going forward.

The time MCW spent on the bench in the first half seemed to wake him up. Triche actually ran the point very effectively in a controlled manner during that stretch, and you could almost hear JB whispering in MCW's ear: "Hey, this is the way you were doing it earlier in the season. Now let's get back to that."
And yet it has been written that JB was "surprised" by MCW's stats. I could have sworn he was reining the kid in and coaching him to get back to basics. JB surprised? Really?

Yes, a nice game for MCW, but he only had 5 pts and it was CJ who had a double-double.

Give me 5 pts and 8 assists over 14 points and 2 assists every day of the week. Which scenario directly leads to more points for our team?

And yet it has been written that JB was "surprised" by MCW's stats. I could have sworn he was reining the kid in and coaching him to get back to basics. JB surprised? Really?
I'd be surprised to learn JB didn't do some serious coaching between Saturday and last night.;)

Give me 5 pts and 8 assists over 14 points and 2 assists every day of the week. Which scenario directly leads to more points for our team?

You are comparing him to Grant, not CJ. I still prefer 18 pts, 10RBs and 3 stls, thank you. I said MCW had a very good game. More than what you quote, he also had only one TO and that's a big improvement (he's got 81 for the season, which is more than James, Rak, Cooney, Baye, and Jerami combined).

I'll take the 1 turnover and only 2 missed shots, as well...

MCW gave off a different vibe tonight. Me thinks he had a talk.

First thing I said after watching him for a few minutes. He clearly paid a visit to the woodshed.

You are comparing him to Grant, not CJ. I still prefer 18 pts, 10RBs and 3 stls, thank you. I said MCW had a very good game. More than what you quote, he also had only one TO and that's a big improvement (he's got 81 for the season, which is more than James, Rak, Cooney, Baye, and Jerami combined).

What?

I'm comparing him last night to him the previous few games. You're all over the place.

MCW and Triche both ran the etam well IMO. They handle the ball the most and had what 3 to's between them? Sure they didn't score it much but they moved the ball and for the most part we got very good shots. We couldn't hit any 3's but no one was taking bad 3's that I remember. I bet we only missed about 9-12 2pt shots all night.

Stoic to the point he looked like he was told to do something he might not have agreed with. I never saw him smile once during the game.
Saw the same demeanor too. His radio interview after the game didn't seem to have the fire and delight it should have either, though he said the right things.. I hope he gets used to playing under control and learns to love it. He still has so much upside just in strength and shooting, both of which you can work on and improve. His instincts are already tremendous when he plays "team" ball.

What?

I'm comparing him last night to him the previous few games. You're all over the place.

Okay - get your point now and I agree with it. However, your post specifically said "give me 5 pts and 8 assists over 14 points and 2 assists every day of the week" which was Jerami's stats last night. MCW only had low assists in the prior 2 games and neither was 14 and 2.

MCW finally decided he can pass the ball without it having to be an assist. It helped the ball movement tremendously.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom