Positive News anywhere for BBall---don't hold back | Syracusefan.com

Positive News anywhere for BBall---don't hold back

We are preseason top 10 everywhere! The question isn't will we be good its how good will we be! The answer is all in how much the returning players improve as in Scoop, Brandon, Kris and Dion specifically because they will control the ball. BUT also Baye, Fab, James and CJ because they will be JB's first options on the front line.

The great news is that although MCW, Cooney and Rak will more than likely see some time we actually really do not need to rely on any newcomers at all this year for meaningful minutes. Not saying they won't play meaningful minutes, just saying we don't have to rely on the unknown at all if we don't want to.

We are preseason top 10 everywhere! The question isn't will we be good its how good will we be! The answer is all in how much the returning players improve as in Scoop, Brandon, Kris and Dion specifically because they will control the ball. BUT also Baye, Fab, James and CJ because they will be JB's first options on the front line.

The great news is that although MCW, Cooney and Rak will more than likely see some time we actually really do not need to rely on any newcomers at all this year for meaningful minutes. Not saying they won't play meaningful minutes, just saying we don't have to rely on the unknown at all if we don't want to.

Amen!

Don't see Cooney getting time beyond the preseason cupcakes. He's the 5th guard in a 3 or 3.5 guard rotation

Don't see Cooney getting time beyond the preseason cupcakes. He's the 5th guard in a 3 or 3.5 guard rotation
I agree but the point is we will have a kid like Cooney seeing barely any time when he could start for plenty of teams this year and play significant minutes for most teams yet with us he will b buried on the bench. That means we are in good shape!

I agree but the point is we will have a kid like Cooney seeing barely any time when he could start for plenty of teams this year and play significant minutes for most teams yet with us he will b buried on the bench. That means we are in good shape!

Agree with you jordoo, this is a great "problem" to have. First time SU has been in this position in a while.

We are loaded for next year and the subsequent years. I liked Grant, but personally I'm not sweating losing any kid that looks at our roster, realizes he isn't good enough to play, and goes elsewhere. That's a loser mentality and it figures he should end up at Rutgers. Perfect fit.

Next...

We are loaded for next year and the subsequent years. I liked Grant, but personally I'm not sweating losing any kid that looks at our roster, realizes he isn't good enough to play, and goes elsewhere. That's a loser mentality and it figures he should end up at Rutgers. Perfect fit.

Next...
OK this did have me laughing! I'm not harsh with kids who chose to go elsewhere but it is hard to take Rutgers and any of their recruits seriously.

If Cooney plays like I think he will in those preseason games, he will get playing time later also.

Next...

PREACH!!!!! Agree 100% while Grant would've been a nice addition, I'm not losing any sleep about him going elsewhere.

Nice job with your blog Francis. I linked it on this board...it is one of the blog links on the far right.

Thank you Tomcat, I really appreciate it.

Nice job with your blog Francis. I linked it on this board...it is one of the blog links on the far right.

Francis...terrific job...your opinion, insight, and reporting are fully appreciated...and needed. It is a pleasure being on this board with you!

Francis, you're one of the people that make syracusefan.com the place to be if you're a SU fan. Your blog is greatly appreciated as are your posts in the forums. Thanks for your insight and dedication to keeping us informed.

To me, the hardest part about figuring out this year's team is that all of the players have the potential to be great, but last year they were "only" good. If even two of our upperclassmen could play to their full potential - to be great - and the rest of our players don't backslide - remain good - we will have a team that's hard to stop. FWIW, I ran into Scoop last week and we exchanged a few words. He has an upbeat attitude and a million dollar smile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom