Positive thoughts and Bubble Question | Syracusefan.com

Positive thoughts and Bubble Question

Sgt Cuse

All Conference
I've been looking at SU bball in a positive light for a while now. I see a program on the rise, this years team is better than last years. After a slow start the record is starting to reflect this. Great win, excellent road record. Even oft-criticized recruiting, now has a nice staggered slate of program talent in it - Buddy/JG3/Eli/Marek with some potential studs OB/QG/JC and maybe Goodine (of course could use a center). Looks like worries in the short term of future losing seasons are over. Another item to potentially bite the dust is talk of SU as a regular bubble team. Brings me to my question:

When do you think thought of classifying as a bubble season takes place? Currently SU isn't really a bubble squad, hasn't been since the Duke win. Do we have to wait until the end of the season and look back? I was hoping SU could shed the bubble label this year (and for the rest of JB's tenure). When do you think the bubble season label gets applied?

Right now we are playing well and aren't on the bubble but we have some tough games coming up. Those 4 bad losses are going to keep us near the bubble ultimately we should be fine.

Right now we are playing well and aren't on the bubble but we have some tough games coming up. Those 4 bad losses are going to keep us near the bubble ultimately we should be fine.

Brian if we win 12-14 ACC games we will not be anywhere near the bubble with the losses we have.

Brian if we win 12-14 ACC games we will not be anywhere near the bubble with the losses we have.
I agree that's why in another thread I said 5 more wins and its lock status.

We’d have to really tank the rest of the season to be sniffing the bubble this year. We’re not even close to it right now, even with those “bad” losses - most projections have us safely in as a 9 seed as of today. The win at Pitt last night is another Quad 1 road win, which should hopefully give us another lift in the projections. On top of all this, the bubble this year is incredibly weak. Our road wins put us over the edge in that situation.

My gut is telling me we will finish with 12 ACC wins this year, at worse, 11 wins. We will not be bubble at that time, despite the putrid OOC. This team is starting to remind me of our 2016 team that didn't truly come together until the NCAAs whereas this team started to gel once ACC play began. Just need Brissett to play more like he did last night; Frank, Buddy, and Chewy to remain confident and engaged; and MD to start being slightly more selfish when it comes to his offense. We are SO close to being Elite 8, Final Four good.

And surprise, surprise, we have our 7 and 1/2 player rotation folks. Frustrating as it is, somehow we always seem to wind up there.

Cheers,
Neil

We’d have to really tank the rest of the season to be sniffing the bubble this year. We’re not even close to it right now, even with those “bad” losses - most projections have us safely in as a 9 seed as of today. The win at Pitt last night is another Quad 1 road win, which should hopefully give us another lift in the projections. On top of all this, the bubble this year is incredibly weak. Our road wins put us over the edge in that situation.
I agree, we're a rising 9 seed now. If we go 2-2 in the next four we'll be 18-8 with another quality win. Won't be on any bubble watch the last week and probably safely in on all the late projections.

Can still make the "non-bubble year" goal.

I agree, we're a rising 9 seed now. If we go 2-2 in the next four we'll be 18-8 with another quality win. Won't be on any bubble watch the last week and probably safely in on all the late projections.

Can still make the "non-bubble year" goal.

Agreed. While there are definitely some very tough games ahead, we've already shown we can win those on any given night.

Another quality scalp would go a LONG way towards nailing down a bid.
And they are there for the taking. Opportunity awaits.

And as long as we take care of business in the more winnable of those games, the L's to the highly ranked teams won't matter.

Agreed. While there are definitely some very tough games ahead, we've already shown we can win those on any given night.

Another quality scalp would go a LONG way towards nailing down a bid.
And they are there for the taking. Opportunity awaits.

And as long as we take care of business in the more winnable of those games, the L's to the highly ranked teams won't matter.
And while SU is not listed in the top 25 I feel they are in the same tier as FSU/NcState/Lville, a cut above Wake/BC and Clemson. And have the superbowl annoyance for Duke to deal with.

SU has a good improving team. Better than last year and it is starting to show.

And while SU is not listed in the top 25 I feel they are in the same tier as FSU/NcState/Lville, a cut above Wake/BC and Clemson. And have the superbowl annoyance for Duke to deal with.

SU has a good improving team. Better than last year and it is starting to show.

At this point I see the ACC tiers as Duke, UVA, and UNC, then VT, L'Ville, and us, and then FSU/NCST after that.

Obviously subject to change as the season progresses.

Cheers,
Neil

Cant let up at all. We cant blow any games we should win split on the toss ups and we should be fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom