Positives and negatives... | Syracusefan.com

Positives and negatives...

newmexicuse

All Conference
There is a lot to take away from this game.

Just a quick comment on the reffing. I never saw so many ticky tack fouls called and it was both ways. Gotta let em play unless the foul is legitimate. Soometimes they called em and i could not even see what was being called on rewind.

Positives:

Frank had a tough first half, but did not fold. He had stretch where he even took over the gams, but we were too far gone by that point. He proved he is our leader.

Ty is a warrior, but he had too many misses from afar.

Brissett almost had a double double, but his scoring was inefficient.

Chukwu had one of the worst misses i have ever seen, but he did not quit, had a positive second half, and even made some freebies.

Washington looked like he could give us some minutes. He does not look big or overly athletic, he will need to hit some treys to really help.

Team rebounding looked good.

Negatives:

Moyer just does not make any plays. He and the staff need to figure out what he can do and get him a more defined role.

Marek always has the energy. He needs to find a way to get himself some garbags buckets. There was one play where he drove and came to the middle of the lane wide open for what should have been a baby hook and instead he kicked. Gotta have confidence to take that shot. He only took one shot and that was a three point miss, he should not be taking any of those.

Sid had a quiet game, but it looks like he will contribute as he matures.

Team still has the weakness of not being able to find the hot hand. Graham simply killed us.

As others have said, we are not getting any production from the four. Add in lousy three point shooting and those are the constraints on our upside. If washington can start to make some treys, i would like to see a three guard lineup at times.

Last edited:
I agree with your summary. I was at the game and thought the defense was extremely active. Howard Washington is undervalued and if allowed to take the shots I believe he will be the difference maker in some tight games ahead.

Somebody (JB) has to put the muzzle on Brissett when it comes to 3 point shots. I'd rather see Washington take some of Brissett's outside shots. Brissett has taken the 2nd most 3 pointers and is hitting 25%.

Take it to the rim Oshae.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom