1. If you are getting script errors or redirects, please click here and switch to the "Alternate Style." You can dismiss this notice by clicking the little x at the top right of this box. If you still have a problem, email me at: tom@emery.net
    Dismiss Notice

Possible 5th year Transfers at QB

Discussion in 'Syracuse Football Board' started by cuse309, Nov 27, 2016.

1. cuse309

cuse309 Starter

If Dungey is unable to return next year, here are some redshirt juniors that are rumored to be exploring a transfer.

Cooper Bateman: Alabama
    Cooper Bateman - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Thomas Sirk: Duke
    3,248 total offense, and 24 td's as starter for 1 year.
    Thomas Sirk - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

J.J. Cosentino: Florida State
    J.J. Cosentino - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Brice Ramsey: Georgia
    Brice Ramsey - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Kyle Bolin: Louisville
    Kyle Bolin - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Shane Morris: Michigan
    Shane Morris - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Malik Zaire: Notre Dame
    Malik Zaire - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Predicting College Football QBs Who Are Most Likely to Transfer Next

Discuss and debate.

2. Chip

Chip Living Legend

Is it a rule that they can't be in-conference?

If yes, that would rule out the Duke, FSU, Louisville option. I can't imagine Zaire would leave if Kizer goes pro, as everyone expects.

Of the other 3, they all look like Drew Allens. So I wouldn't know how to judge them. 3 guys who've had limited on field experience in their careers. I'd hope we can find someone who has played more.

3. cuse309

cuse309 Starter

I believe that rule only applies to someone leaving Alabama for another SEC school.;)

Chip likes this.
  4. cuse309

cuse309 Starter

Transfer terms | NCAA.org - The Official Site of the NCAA

5. Chip

Chip Living Legend

So you have to figure Louisville and FSU are out, no way they're releasing someone to go to a team they play. Even if they know they have more talent next year.

Duke QB is intriguing. What's his story? Cutcliffe seems like kind of guy who wouldn't get in the way. Plus we don't play them, which helps.

6. orange79

orange79 Internet Sleuth Staff Member

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/acc/genrel/auto_pdf/ACCEligibilityRules.pdf

Section VI-2. Intra-Conference Transfer Rule.
    A student-athlete who transfers directly to an ACC institution from another ACC institution and who was recruited by the institution from which they are transferring, for whom the athletics department interceded in the admissions process, or who received any athletically related financial aid during the academic year immediately prior to the transfer is required to complete one (1) academic year (two full semesters or three full quarters) of residency at the certifying ACC institution before being eligible to compete for or to receive athletically
    related financial aid from the certifying institution. Such an academic year of residency shall count as one of the student-athlete’s four (4) permissible seasons of competition permitted under NCAA legislation. During such a year of residency, the student-athlete is permitted to practice pursuant to NCAA eligibility rules regarding practice eligibility. A transfer student-athlete admitted after the twelfth day of class may not utilize that semester or quarter for the purpose of establishing residency. Waivers of this ACC rule may be considered by the ACC faculty representatives, acting as a committee of the whole, provided the student-athlete has qualified for an exception or waiver of the NCAA four-year college transfer rule. Further, the waiver request must demonstrate objective evidence that proves the student-athlete’s extraordinary personal hardship merits a waiver of the normal application of the policy.
    a. Exception.
    A student-athlete who receives a baccalaureate degree at one member institution and who has been admitted into a degree program at another member institution may transfer to another member institution without being subject to the intra-conference transfer rule. NCAA transfer regulations would apply.

TexanMark likes this.
  7. Chip

Chip Living Legend

I love that you guys think I can read.

Shark58, two3zone, JLine and 14 others like this.
  8. djorange1989

djorange1989 All Conference

It means they are all in play. See Spot Run. See Spot Transfer.

9. retro44

retro44 Women's Athletic Director

Functionally illiterate ....I love it as you would make for a great college coach or gay lover...your choice,if you can read this

blizz likes this.
  10. cuse309

cuse309 Starter

Words are hard.

Janner likes this.
  11. Shrmdougluvr

Shrmdougluvr Starter

Not all of these guys will qualify as grad transfers. Consetino is a red shirt sophomore (though I suppose its possible he will have his degree at the end of this year).

12. Chip

Chip Living Legend

That's more my speed. Thanks.

SUskibum and djorange1989 like this.
  13. NKR1978

NKR1978 Living Legend

Just laughed to myself at the great irony if the first Duke-Syracuse ACC championship game was in football.

14. CuseLegacy

CuseLegacy Twitter Wizard Staff Member

NCAA grants sixth year for Duke QB Thomas Sirk

Duke received good news from the NCAA.

The Blue Devils announced Monday that quarterback Thomas Sirk has been granted a
    sixth year of eligibility. Sirk has missed the entire season because of an Achilles tendon injury.

“I’m so grateful to have a sixth year to continue my dream of playing college football and, academically, work towards another degree from Duke University,” Sirk said in a statement.

Sirk, the team’s projected starting quarterback, initially injured the Achilles back in February and was nearing a return when he re-aggravated the injury on August 25 during preseason workouts. The injury, a partial tear to his left Achilles tendon, has sidelined him for the entire season. Duke has also lost seniors Jela Duncan, the team’s top running back, and safety DeVon Edwards, an All-American kick returner, to season-ending injuries.

Sirk, a team captain, would have been a fifth-year senior this season. He also missed the 2013 season because of an injury to his right Achilles tendon.

I don't think Sirk is leaving Duke.

two3zone likes this.
  15. IthacaMatt

IthacaMatt Hall of Fame

We have Culpepper, DeVito and Mahoney next year, although they would like to redshirt the kid from Jersey. If Dungey goes down, I think that's enough.
    We need defensive line and D-backs much more than another QB who would take a year away from the kids they just brought in.

16. Chip

Chip Living Legend

After 76-61 yesterday, nothing will surprise me anymore.

NKR1978, orange79 and MadNY3 like this.
  17. TexanMark

TexanMark Tailgating Guru

We need a 5th year TE, WR or DB worse. I think between DeVito, Culpepper and Mahoney we are covered.

Toga, Mr Peabody, Deuga and 3 others like this.
  18. Dmcnabbrules

Dmcnabbrules Starter

I would like a DT too. Let Williams redshirt or keep Samuels off the field.

19. OrangeTarheel

OrangeTarheel Starter

Wow, his Achilles heel is literally his ... Achilles heel.

If this guy transfers here then we will need yet another QB for after he injures his Achilles again.

20. sutomcat

sutomcat 2016 Iggy Winner Staff Member

Zaire and his family have been really unhappy with ND for a while now and it doesn't look good for him returning there.

Notre Dame career done for QB Malik Zaire?