Possible Portal Point Guards | Syracusefan.com

Possible Portal Point Guards

mayselc

Scout Team
You don’t believe in him….I do.
If he can beat out the needed portal pg that would be great (or would it mean a portal bust?).

I hope not. I would like a pt that can actually hit a 3. That is the game now.
He hit a 3 in the Miami game - but I agree with him not being the answer at PG

JJ has played 54 college games and has 78 assists to 83 turnovers. He has 31 assists to 40 turnovers in ACC play. Those are worse numbers than Buddy Boeheim and Tyus Battle who people complained at times they were black holes.
Good points

Do we honestly think the type of player JJ is makes him more suitable for the PG role than Q??
While I like Q’s style of play, he is not in control about 50% of the time. While he can make out of the world plays, he also can change the game for the negative by forcing passes and shots that are nit feasible. Saturday’s game is an example. There is a split second difference between his play being great and his play being aw sh_t (another turnover).

If the next question: whose fault is that, I would have say it’s his fault. A good point guard has to be in control over 75% of the game. Quadir can be effective but every play does not have to be razzle dazzle.

This will never happen. He has averaged over 32 minutes per game for the past three seasons. He also has a chance to become St Joe's all time leading scorer (Jameer Nelson) and have his number retired - one of only four retired numbers.

While I like Q’s style of play, he is not in control about 50% of the time. While he can make out of the world plays, he also can change the game for the negative by forcing passes and shots that are nit feasible. Saturday’s game is an example. There is a split second difference between his play being great and his play being aw sh_t (another turnover).

If the next question: whose fault is that, I would have say it’s his fault. A good point guard has to be in control over 75% of the game. Quadir can be effective but every play does not have to be razzle dazzle.
Yes to all this but isn't that what growing in a program is all about? Don't you expect,or at least hope, that as he grows , he improves? His style screams leader and point guard to me. JJ's screams off guard with the ability make plays for himself off the dribble.
But again... I'm not the coach.

I fear that Quadir values showmanship over ball security and winning. Hard to trust someone like that to be your starting point guard.
Given Quadir values things that aren't conducive to winning, Judah's game isn't conducive to winning, Bell's attitude isn't conducive to winning, Taylor's shooting isn't conducive to winning, Starling's inconsistency isn't conducive to winning, having 4 unplayable centers isn't conducive to winning, and Maliq not getting shots isn't conducive to winning, it's a miracle we ever win a game.

This will never happen. He has averaged over 32 minutes per game for the past three seasons. He also has a chance to become St Joe's all time leading scorer (Jameer Nelson) and have his number retired - one of only four retired numbers.
Their coach is on the hot seat, very well may get fired and Reynolds could just as well play 32 mins a game starting at SU. Not to mention their NIL is not in the same ballpark.

What does Nelson's scoring record have to do with anything? Ask a kid if he'd rather be the school's all-time scorer on another losing team or a massive NIL payout + top 25 team + a much greater chance at the NBA, they're taking the latter.

It most certainly could happen.