Post Marrone Questions: silly & serious | Syracusefan.com

Post Marrone Questions: silly & serious

buffalorange

2nd String
  1. Does anyone appreciate the irony? For several years, some (many) on the board have complained about the Bills lack of respect for SU. Never drafting any players. When the Bills finally do look at SU, they hire the HC. (As an aside, karma is a b...ch. Had the Bills not cut kicking great Gary Anderson many years ago, the phrase "wide right" might not be so infamous in Buffalo.)
  2. Will having an SU alum, former SU HCDM, have a positive and noticeable influence on recruiting in WNY?
  3. What happens to current ASSISTANT HC, John Anselmo?
  4. If the rumors about lack of hospitality for former SU players is true, what will happen in Buffalo? Many former prominent Bills players live in the area and are regularly involved with the team. Jim Kelly, Steve Tasker, & Thurman Thomas are just a few names that come to mind. They are sports royalty in Buffalo and I doubt will quietly accept dismissal by any head coach.
  5. Again, if rumors about thin skin are true, how will Bills HCDM handle Buffalo? As a resident of the area I can assure you that commentary and criticism received in Syracuse is mild compared to the scrutiny and, shall we say, forthright manner in which the Buffalo fans and media express their views on every aspect of the Bills.

I would much rather have read a headline "Nassib to Bills" than "Marrone to Bills." I concur with your questions about how Doug will handle the brotherhood of the retired Bills (try shooing away Jim Kelley and Thurman Thomas!) and how he'll deal with the much more pointed and personal criticism of the HC in Buffalo than he experienced in Syracuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom