Post moves? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Post moves?

Arinze Onuaku is hands down the most under-utilized 'Cuse player of my lifetime. There were countless stretches during his Jr. & Sr. years when he'd back his defender down & finish with an easy layup or hook on 2-3 straight possessions & we'd just randomly stop dumping it down to him for no reason. There was no concern because we were winning & had so many other weapons. IMO, he could've easily averaged 17-19 ppg both years had we needed him to. Again, '09-'10 was one of our best teams ever but look at theses stats, especially the consistency in his final 2 years, & tell me he didn't deserve more touches.

IMG_1398.PNG

I don’t thunk Chukwu will ever develop real low post moves. He’s almost too “gangly” and not naturally coordinated. But I think Sid has a lot of potential to develop them. He’s had a few nice moves inside this year but has been seriously held back with the knee issues and being able to get on the court consistently.
Sky. Hook.

The program should have reached out to Derrick Coleman as a consultant years ago.
I have wondered a bit myself why we have not used Derrick Coleman to develop the centers. I remember when he was helping Rick Jackson but that may have been more a left handed big working with a left handed big. Could be he is not interested or maybe he just does not have the needed coaching skills. As several have pointed out, you do not have to be a big to coach a big but it sure seems like a successful big from the past would be a good place to start. Possibly some folks on this board with insight on why Coleman has not been used can comment.

Arinze Onuaku is hands down the most under-utilized 'Cuse player of my lifetime. There were countless stretches during his Jr. & Sr. years when he'd back his defender down & finish with an easy layup or hook on 2-3 straight possessions & we'd just randomly stop dumping it down to him for no reason. There was no concern because we were winning & had so many other weapons. IMO, he could've easily averaged 17-19 ppg both years had we needed him to. Again, '09-'10 was one of our best teams ever but look at theses stats, especially the consistency in his final 2 years, & tell me he didn't deserve more touches.

View attachment 121942
I'll throw Otis Hill's hat into that ring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom