Post Spring game format | Syracusefan.com

Post Spring game format

Ish88888

All American
For me, the allure of attending the spring game has been the post game interaction on the FIELD with ALL the players. This year's format of having a select 20 players available for interaction in the endzone dark and cramped concourses is very disappointing. A game changer. Sad. Had so much fun mtg players and chatting on the field. No idea WHY in the world this would be changed . I am on the fence about attending.

It's most likely coz of the lax game at 2pm

I don't buy it, there has been a lax game after in year's past. No modification to the field needed. Just brutal they are gonna stuff 5k+ fans in the concourse.

lets assume the football ends at 12 , that's only 2 hrs to clean up get the players off the field and let the lax teams warm up , has the lax game in the past been just 2 hrs later ?

I don't buy it, there has been a lax game after in year's past. No modification to the field needed. Just brutal they are gonna stuff 5k+ fans in the concourse.

lets assume the football ends at 12 , that's only 2 hrs to clean up get the players off the field and let the lax teams warm up , has the lax game in the past been just 2 hrs later ?
This is just such a non-issue. Considering not going because you can only talk to 20 instead of 80+? Because the university needs to get ready for a different game (and allow them time to warm up) in the same venue? Sheesh

I believe the lax games have usually been at 4PM. They don't just change things like that for no reason or to keep people from attending. Lacrosse has to warm up for 60 minutes I believe.

Also the equipment staff needs time to take the football jerseys off the pads so the lacrosse team can use them

Lax is not a factor. They did it like this once before. By the time you get through one side, the horn will blow for the players to go in. Disappointed for my son, who won't get the full experience I used to, and he has in the past.

The only right way to do it is with the tables in a rectangle, players seated, one line in, one way out. Been years since they did it that way, but it worked and everyone got the opportunity to get any autograph they wanted.

We're gonna concentrate on Babers, maybe Amba will be there, and Brad and Monica Culpepper for the Survivor and Buccaneers fan in us.

Lax is not a factor. They did it like this once before. By the time you get through one side, the horn will blow for the players to go in. Disappointed for my son, who won't get the full experience I used to, and he has in the past.

The only right way to do it is with the tables in a rectangle, players seated, one line in, one way out. Been years since they did it that way, but it worked and everyone got the opportunity to get any autograph they wanted.

We're gonna concentrate on Babers, maybe Amba will be there, and Brad and Monica Culpepper for the Survivor and Buccaneers fan in us.
i'm going for Shamarko!

I am going with my son. Things fell in place, I can't wait.

We are still going but my son was disappointed. He enjoyed going on the field. We bring a football and play catch. It's not a game changer but it will detract from the experience n his eyes.

For me, the allure of attending the spring game has been the post game interaction on the FIELD with ALL the players. This year's format of having a select 20 players available for interaction in the endzone dark and cramped concourses is very disappointing. A game changer. Sad. Had so much fun mtg players and chatting on the field. No idea WHY in the world this would be changed . I am on the fence about attending.
They did hold a clinic for kids 7-12 on the field before the scrimmage. Not quite what you were looking but nice for those involved.

Also the equipment staff needs time to take the football jerseys off the pads so the lacrosse team can use them
Huh?
IMG_0888.GIF

Really nice to see Shamarko there.

Dark, cramped concourse...not ideal. 60 min game, then jam 5k fans into the endzone concourses in the dark. Its amazing we even get 5k in coming years. It is what it is. The allure of all the players on the field is gone...and so will spring fans.

Dark, cramped concourse...not ideal. 60 min game, then jam 5k fans into the endzone concourses in the dark. Its amazing we even get 5k in coming years. It is what it is. The allure of all the players on the field is gone...and so will spring fans.
While I wasn't thrilled about it, we got through both lines within 30-40 minutes.

I agree. I don't have kids but, recalling my youth, I'd imagine that being able to run around on the Dome turf that you watch your heroes play on every Saturday is equal to meeting/interacting with the players. I got on the field for the 1st time after a HS sectional game & immediately wanted to stand in the exact spot of Brominki's catch vs VT. I even mimicked it, falling on my back at 11 years old. Standing in the center of the midfield block S was also cool.

5K fans :rolling: no chance lol

I was a little bummed that they didn't have posters for fans to get signed. It was byo-whatever. They always have posters. Also, the length of the lines was very discouraging, we got in line and bailed. It was a little disappointing. That said, I had no expectations as to the rest, we haven't had good spring games in forever. Fan Fest is much more of an event. I just hope it doesn't get cancelled again this year.

I was a little bummed that they didn't have posters for fans to get signed. It was byo-whatever. They always have posters. Also, the length of the lines was very discouraging, we got in line and bailed. It was a little disappointing. That said, I had no expectations as to the rest, we haven't had good spring games in forever. Fan Fest is much more of an event. I just hope it doesn't get cancelled again this year.
They had stacks of 8x10 Syracuse football cards with a players arm holding a helmet to one side with a lot of space for signatures. Both tables had a ton. My son got all signatures, and my daughter got one with just Dungey:). I missed posters as well, but they certainly supplied people with something. We hit the second line after about a half hour and they still had a big stack

My son made out like a bandit this year more than others. Those selfie stations they had been doing blew. He got all autographs, pics with franklin, bromley, Dungey, erv, and ish, as well as brad Culpepper. He was out of his mind happy. I went into it not looking for much success and ended up with more than usual.