Orangeyes Daily Articles for Sunday - Postgame and Sunday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Sunday Postgame and Sunday Articles

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Syracuse Football ‏@CuseFootball 3m
#Infographic: A closer look at the numbers in the Orange's 40-3 victory! #CUSEvsCMU #OrangeNation

Bxb6f_oIQAAjOnf.png

ACC Football‏@theACCfootball 55s
FINAL: @UVa_Football defends their home turf, defeats @UofLFootball 23-21. #LOUvsUVA

Big Ten Football@B1Gfootball · 18m
Maryland comes up short after rallying back and falls to West Virginia 40-37 on a FG in the closing seconds.

ECU 28-VT 21. Broadcaster just referred to the ECU QB Carden as beinn called an absolute magician... said last time he had heard that used was Nunes at SU. LOL.

Last edited:
Joe Adam ‏@CoachJoeAdam 4m
Great job Orange, way to come together today on the road. Let others continue to doubt us. #theorangecore

Bobby Acosta ‏@Cuse1010 3m
Seize Opportunities and Make it Happen. Great Win Gentleman.

Kyle Fetterly ‏@lgrande09 3m
A very focused Football team entered The home of the Chippewas today. Intensity in the locker room during pregame. Eerily quiet dressing!

Kyle Fetterly ‏@lgrande09 59s
The rumors of our demise have been greatly exaggerated!! Great focus, effort and execution today.

Kyle Fetterly ‏@lgrande09 1m
As Coach Mac used to say, "we can't be any bettah than 2-0 at this point". It's a beautiful thing!

Last edited:
Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 3m
A few notes coming, starting with RB Adonis Ameen-Moore having his first career 100-yard game. Had a career-long run of 53, too.

Syracuse is now 7-0 under Scott Shafer when leading at halftime.

Through two games, Syracuse has not allowed a sack this season. Having Nick Robinson and Omari Palmer back today helped.

Cam Lynch's safety was SU's first since the 2012 Pinstripe Bowl. The Orange had two in that game, including one by Lynch.

George McDonald said Erv Philips was going to see offensive snaps today regardless of score. A full backfield gets fuller.

DE Donnie Simmons was credited with his first career tackle.

Freshman safety Rodney Williams logged two tackles and a fumble recovery in his collegiate debut.

Wayne Williams registered two tackles in his debut, AND got to talk with @BudPoliquin. Talk about a good day.

On an academic note, Shafer said that 48 players earned a 3.0 GPA or better in summer classes. Credited freshmen for "carrying the torch."

Last edited:
Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 7m
A relieved Shafer: "I'll be honest with you. I had a lot of doubts in my mind whether I screwed some things up in that Villanova game."

A smiling Erv Philips on just missing a TD: "That was heartbreaking. I thought I was in, but that's all right. We scored on that drive."

OC George McDonald said the only negative he saw was lackadaisical play early in the third quarter. Thought SU left a couple TDs out there.

Last edited: