Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday - Postgame and Wednesday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday Postgame and Wednesday Articles

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Syracuse basketball routs over-matched Loyola with big second half (PS: Waters)

16433456-mmmain.jpg

-0c30c70f07bdf97f.jpg

Syracuse Defeats Loyola 70-37 (PS; Axe)

The story of the Syracuse-Loyola men's basketball game at the Carrier Dome Tuesday night can best be told in one stat.

Both teams took exactly 52 shots.

• Box score

Syracuse made 27 of their 52.

Loyola made … 10. Out of 52. That's 19% in a Division I college basketball game.

Stop the ride, I want to get off.

While the Greyhounds may want to look into offering the guy who made two free throws from a recliner during a promotional timeout a scholarship, there are some things from the Syracuse side that raise an eyebrow as well.

What Syracuse Must Do to Ready Itself for the Showdown with the Wolverines in Ann Arbor (BR; Tansey)

The last time we saw the Syracuse Orange on the national stage, they fell to Cal by 14 points at the 2K Classic in New York.

On December 2, the Orange will light up the marquee once again when they visit Ann Arbor to face No. 19 Michigan in the ACC-Big Ten Challenge.

Since the humbling loss to the Golden Bears at Madison Square Garden, Syracuse has pulled off two solid wins over Iowa and Loyola (MD). To be fair, neither of these teams are comparable to the talent on the rosters of Cal and Michigan. But it is nice to see Jim Boeheim's side respond well to an early defeat.

Nova Holds On to Defeat Michigan 60-55 (ESPN; AP)

JayVaughn Pinkston ended some back-and-forth drama worthy of March with a bucket, a block and then a mad break -- straight into the waiting arms of his Villanova teammates.

The Wildcats had room to embrace all 6-foot-7 of him, and still have plenty of hands free to hoist a trophy.

Pinkston had the go-ahead basket and game-saving block in the final minute to lift the 12th-ranked Wildcats over No. 19 Michigan 60-55 in the Legends Classic championship game Tuesday night.

Pinkston put the Wildcats (5-0) up 56-55 with a spin for separation and a one-handed shot with 13.4 seconds left. He then had a clean stuff on Zak Irvin's dunk attempt off an inbounds pass with 5 seconds left.

Ryan Arcidiacono sealed the win with four free throws.

Tournament MVP Dylan Ennis led Villanova with 15 points. Pinkston finished with eight points and nine rebounds.

Caris LeVert had 16 points for Michigan (4-1). LeVert put the Wolverines up 55-54 and flexed his muscles in the direction of Villanova players.

In which I talk about Holy Cross and the evil that is Bill Simmons: http://.com/holy-cross-this-time-its-personal/

Maybe it's the choice of headline that doesn't draw me in, but is it worthy of an entire article that a player got some time? I could understand if it were Brandon Reese or maybe if the headline were that Chino scored. Am I alone on this?

I don't intend to be harsh, but this season has been a bit frustrating so far, and I'd rather see people getting paid being critiqued if amateur kids are going to be as well. Im grateful that all of these are posted, make no mistake, but it wouldn't necessarily hurt the world if someone spoke their feelings now and then about such matters. I guess this isn't as easy to poke fun of as the article about DC2's sweater. For me I guess it's like loving and being thankful for your family, but still encouraging them to get closer to their potential. We're all extended family. The lack of creativity just gets at me like a monolithic offense that is sputtering, or filler songs on an album. Or maybe filler in dog food. Unnamed powders cut with imposter powders. This text editor telling me "imposter" is spelled wrong. It seems to have some sort of prejudice against my finding of fact and critique. Maybe I don't wear the right brand of shirt. Maybe I haven't discovered the secret handshake yet. Maybe that's a metaphor. Maybe the payside really does exist even though the spellcheck seems to indicate otherwise. I can't get no satisfaction, but I still try to take it strong to the hole more often than not.

Last edited: