Postgame Thoughts… Northeastern | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Northeastern

I know people love Symir on this board but I don't see the genius of his game. He has been bad in the last two games. As the year progresses if he is struggling I'd like to see Q initiate the offense.
I agree he hasn’t been great the last two games. He’s been solid in other games, though.

It was a lucky bail out.
It’s amazing how people can look at the same thing and conclude so differently. It was an unconventional look and excellent vision. Not saying he’s Bird but it brought him to mind.

So here would be my rotation as of right now. But I reserve the right to change my mind. I would start Joe Judah Malik Benny and Jesse. I would have Copeland Symir and Heimir off the bench. And Taylor would be my .5 to give me 8.5 player rotation

I’d be concerned with having Benny at the 3. I’d like to see more of Taylor there.

NE wont win 10 games this year

Disagree. They are young and have some players. Fridgen will be good as he gets back in shape. CAA is not a gauntlet. They have competed in every game for at least a half before tonight. Doesn't change much in terms of us of course. We have some talent...

What an amazing win and outstanding coaching job. This proves Colgate was a fluke. Watch out ACC.

So i get the sarcasm.

That aside, all this said is there is no excuse for what happened vs Colgate. So will we see more of the Colgate effort or will that be a turnaround/wake up point for the staff?

I’ll take the win. Beats the hell out of the other night.
-still thought the zone was poor and Northeastern got way too many good looks, especially in the first ten minutes.
-Like I said in the game thread, I feel confident that Judah is the most talented player we have had in years. So nice to have a pg who can get the ball over half court without turning it over 1-3 times per game.
-hard not to be impressed with the way Brown approaches the game and is willing to do the little things.
-it really is somewhat amazing how the freshmen are what we were told they were before they got to campus. Quadir is active, has a good handle, likable but with immature judgment as far as passing the ball. Taylor has a nice stroke, likes the turnaround jumper and doesn’t take any plays off. I’d like to see more of him. Bunch doesn’t seem to want to do anything besides shoot. He makes Buddy look aggressive as far as going after loose balls. And Carey certainly looked like a project today.
-JG3 would be such a weapon if he took only open shots and did not dribble the ball or shoot off the dribble. But you could probably see 30 or 40 posts where I have said the same thing previously.
-Benny is so enigmatic. Was awful for the majority of the game. When he fallls away when he shoots it is effectively a turnover. But then he got it together in the second half. He needs to go towards the basket and not away from it. I think JB kept him in there during garbage time hoping to build up his confidence heading to Brooklyn.
-Symir needs to take better care of the ball and distribute and not dribble endlessly. He was bad tonight.
-Finally nice to see a more aggressive Jesse as opposed to the softy we saw against Colgate.
-on to Brooklyn
Not the least bit surprised about the play of the freshmen outside of Mintz. Just about what I expected.

Still not sure what to think about Benny. He drove me nuts watching him tonight.
So he actually has a good looking shot when he’s on balance and in rhythm. The problem is that he’s off balance and not in rhythm 9 of 10 times.

It’s all the things leading up to his release that are the issue. He’s gets moved off his spot so easily.

NE is bad.

But we needed a get right game.

Mintz is really looking to be able to beat people off the dribble and comfortable going to the rim. Glad Jesse bounced back.

Brown is just really solid.

Onwards.
Just keep getting better and see if we have done enough come tourney time.

It most certainly was not. He looked and saw Jessie coming and made a very smooth handoff. Watch the replays and you will see that.
Nope. He was trying to beat his man. He didn’t. He was aware that Jessie was there, but that wasn’t his intent.
He played well. It was good awareness of where Jessie was. And good on Jessie for being is a good spot.

Last edited:
I’d be concerned with having Benny at the 3. I’d like to see more of Taylor there.
You have to start him to keep his head in the game, but he’s not playing like a guy who deserves more than 15min/game.

I love Taylor too. I think he and brown are going to be great 4 year college players.

Chris Bell really has no business being on the court. I was trying not to make any overly-definitive statements through the exhibitions but there is simply no way that he should be on the court over JT or Quadir.

JT is solid on both ends, plays hard every play and, from everything we’ve seen in live action, he’s a better shooter than Bell. I would love to see him get considerably more burn.

I think Quadir should play more too but JT’s floor is way higher right now.

The only thing in my dumb opinion we can take from this game is that when the opposition has neither the players nor the scheme to give Edwards even a modicum of resistance, we can look half decent

Nope. He was trying to beat his man. He didn’t. He was aware that Jessie was there, but that wasn’t his intent.
He played well. It was good awareness of where Jessie was. And good on Jessie for being is a good spot.
All due respect but this is not making any sense. “He was aware Jesse was there, but that wasn’t his intent”? How so?
His intent was to pass the ball… precisely because he WAS aware Jesse was there. The fact that he used an unorthodox pass to get him the ball speaks of creativity, not dumb luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom