Postgame Thoughts... UNC (game 2) | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... UNC (game 2)

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
- Last few minutes were something. I was almost ready for Pitt game 1, round 2.

- Fantastic first half from Buddy, set up on some great looks by Kadary. Great second half energy from Q, with some nice finishes inside.

- Edwards practicing like crazy these days.

- Griffin had as many buckets as chase down blocks, but what a block it was.

- I know that game was rough for him, but the little things... Girard grabbing that rebound off the miss late.

- Hope Kadary is ok!

What grit by the players. They are clearly beat up bad and they showed tremendous fight.

the obvious is obvious. As been stated all year. Shame it took this long.

And now our PG is banged up a ton as is our PF. If Kadary finishes that game it's a double digit win.

Don’t get me wrong I am absolutely thrilled that we beat UNC.
But I cannot believe how poorly we played to almost blow that game. Between Marek throwing the ball to nowhere, AG having the ball stolen because he is continuously surprised that people play defense at the end of games, Braswell getting trapped and throwing crosscourt while JB refused to call time out, a Syracuse alum announcer jinxing us at the line and then JG almost air balling a free throw, I think we all need defibrillators.
But at the end of the day we beat UNC which is nice.
I’m headed to the liquor cabinet.

Don’t get me wrong I am absolutely thrilled that we beat UNC.
But I cannot believe how poorly we played to almost blow that game. Between Marek throwing the ball to nowhere, AG having the ball stolen because he is continuously surprised that people play defense at the end of games, Braswell getting trapped and throwing crosscourt while JB refused to call time out, a Syracuse alum announcer jinxing us at the line and then JG almost air balling a free throw, I think we all need defibrillators.
But at the end of the day we beat UNC which is nice.
I’m headed to the liquor cabinet.
We put the slide rule to the test.

It is fortunate the Orange played a bad shooting team...especially at the end.

Yes, UNC got offensive rebounds on free throws.
But missed 2 after Joe committed the foul way too soon with a 3 point lead.
Then JG got in and grabbed the rebound of the missed free throw.

It is fortunate the Orange played a bad shooting team...especially at the end.

Yes, UNC got offensive rebounds on free throws.
But missed 2 after Joe committed the foul way too soon with a 3 point lead.
Then JG got in and grabbed the rebound of the missed free throw.
They shot horribly, but I'll give our D a bunch of credit. But, yeah, they put on a bad outside shooting clinic.

Hypothetical question, and by no means am I saying we should be in the tournament. In most seasons, when a team loses their best player and maybe loses a few games it is taken into account come tournament time by the committee. Say we finish 13-1 at home, why couldn’t the missed games be taken into account when weighing the teams who get in? Yes, I know we have no quad one wins, but we missed out on two home games (a 3rd would have been lost without Clemson on Wednesday). I think that should count for something, no?

Kadary changes the half court attack. he's tall and lanky and putting the ball between his legs and looking OVER the D for the best way to attack. defenses back off cuz hey respect him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom