Postgame Thoughts... UNC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... UNC

Crazy how Jesse letting him dunk would have been better. Wouldn’t have been the three point play. Then we hold for final shot (which we take too early and up).
Smart basketball, Jesse hasn’t had it much in his career. He’s almost there but not quite

You mean the guy that scored 17 today? I’m as negative about Judah at the end as anyone but he was cooking his defender all game. That drive was the right play but he tried to cross over instead of take it with his right.
He hasn’t made one play at the end of games all year. We suck in close games that’s why we suck.

He hasn’t made one play at the end of games all year. We suck in close games that’s why we suck.
Well he did for notre Dame, but that’s not the point. It’s the right call by JB, execution is a player issue. Hima doesn’t get embarrassed by Bacot and gets the board on the FT this isn’t a discussion

Eh most games they even out. The discrepancy is clear in the stats and even the announcers called out the questionable ones.
I am not a “it’s the refs” person.
They shot 23 FT to our 3. +20.
And we play zone. Think about that.

On JG3’s bone-headed play, Bacot just fork lifts Hima under the hoop. And the dominos fall.

Our kids played a helluva game. All of them.
Deserved much better.

I actually thought the quick drive was the right play. He just has to go to his right only there. But there’s no way that’s a flagrant foul. He went straight up, his elbow wasn’t even extended. He has the ability to move his arms slightly. Just because it clocked the guy doesn’t make it a flagrant foul.

We started out in a hole, yet again. We have to start better. Those points at the start matter against decent teams.

The Judah charge (first one) was awful.

Credit to Bell for his off ball hustle. That one three he hit was TOUGH.

Jesse had a somewhat rough game.

Joe was on a heater. Lost his legs. Still made a few clutch shots. Had a bit of a crazy game. Lots of TOs but a number of assists. The save under the basket was not great.

We’re in the danger zone now for the year. Really need to get this next one.

I just can't agree that was flagrant. I mean, where does the offensive player in possession of the ball get to keep his arms, all the while knowing while going to the hoop, the human body as constructed, HAS to move in an uneven upward motion to score? The defender gets to put his face into your chest while moving backwards, so you're not supposed to move and try to score the ball?? I'd say your face violated his natural movement.

Last edited:
Just an absolute heartbreaker
-3 Incredible plays to lose this game. First Joe saves the ball under the basket when it was already going off of Bacot. I know he was hustling but how can you possibly save the ball underneath your own basket in that spot?
-this game might have been very different had the referees not made that incredibly awful call against Judah when it was an and one.
-but how can JB simply ask Judah to put his head down and drive after what happened against Miami. That was clearly an offensive foul. The first contact was Judah’s elbow against the defender’s face.
-but there is no way you can call that a flagrant foul. It literally ended the game. Just a complete joke. I never am a referee complainer but that is just embarrassing. It deprived anyone watching the game of an exciting finish.
-we played well for the most part. It’s amazing how teams never have a bad night against us. We are getting better. But there’s no way around this it is just a gut punch of epic proportions.
When you elbow the guy flush in the face it's going to be called flagrant every time. Intent isn't necessary.

True. But this one felt like they were a little too involved. The three calls on Mintz (inbounds play where he was shoved) were all questionable. Could have easily led to 6 Syracuse points too.

This one stings.

the first charge on the and-1 was by far the worst imo.

the out of control elbow to the face will literally be called every time.
the flagrant part was the crap, but that’s the rule

You mean the guy that scored 17 today? I’m as negative about Judah at the end as anyone but he was cooking his defender all game. That drive was the right play but he tried to cross over instead of take it with his right.

The mistake was not stopping and dropping it to Maliq. It was there and he put his head down too quickly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom