Potential 2022 Rosters as of Today | Syracusefan.com

Potential 2022 Rosters as of Today

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
Thought it would be a good idea to try and project the 2022 roster while recruiting for this class is in full swing including who we have committed. For now I will do assuming no transfers and then give projections based who may leave and maybe give us an idea on who will and won't commit here.

Team Does well and key players leave for Professional Opportunities:

C: Edwards, Anselem,
PF
SF Lands
SG Taylor
PG Girard, Torrance

Personally, I think this is what is most likely to happen. We will lose Benny, Buddy, Sidibe, Jimmy, JBA and Swider. I don't think we can count on Benny for more than one year and I am 99% certain Buddy is gone. I also think it is fair to assume Swider plays just one more season. Because of this I think we 100% need 2 more forwards and another guard.

Best case scenario is Swider and Benny come back and we only need one forward, but I don't feel comfortable assuming that.

Filipowski, Bunch and Starling are the guys that would make the biggest difference if we could get him committed. I suspect Bunch would may be concerned that Swider and Benny don't leave.

Filipowski is the guy who would make the biggest impact.

I could see JJ come in and instantly share the backcourt with Girard.

would be great to add more of the recruits you listed...but its also nice to know that the portal will be there as well to fill any gaps. Given the options, its harder than ever to project what a roster could look like even only 1 season away...

You may be right with all of those players leaving, but I have been building rosters in my head thinking that Benny and Cole come back. What can I say, I am an optimist. So, with that in mind and if we don't get anyone else (I think we will, but this is a fun exercise)...I think we have...
C: Jesse backed up by Frank
F1: Benny
F2: Cole both backed up by Lands
G1: Taylor
G2: JG3 both backed up by Symir

That's not a bad rotation, but it is only 8 players. We definitely need a couple of more. Adding JJ would bolster the guard rotation quite a bit. He can play either guard position. Would he start over a senior JG3? Maybe, but doubtful. Would he start alongside JG3 instead of Taylor? More likely. Either way, there would be a lot of talent in that group. Same goes for if we get Flip and/or Copeland.

Call me crazy but I think Benny and Cole will be back

C-Jesse/Frank/JBA
Pf-Cole/
Sf-Benny/Taylor
Sg-Lands/Taylor
Pg-Girard/Torrance

While it is only a feeling, I believe that Benny Williams is committed for 2 years at a minimum. With respect to Cole Swider, if he has a great season averaging 13-15 points and 4.5-6 rebounds, he will be gone. Otherwise, he could come back in 2022-2023.

Still feel that Lands wants a chance to play guard because that is what he sees him playing in the pros.

I think Benny stays Cole leaves. But if they do happen to both be here this how I think the roster looks.

PG Senior Joe Girard
PG Senior Symir Torrence
PG Freshman Quadir Copeland
SG Freshman Kamari Lands
SG Freshman Justin Taylor
SG Junior Chaz Owens
SF Grad Cole Swider
SF Freshman Chris Bunch
PF Sophomore Benny Williams
PF transfer or incoming 2022 recruit
C Senior Jesse Edwards
C Junior Frank Anselem
C Rs Junior JBA

I thought I posted a link or video of him somewhere. 2022 G/F 6’8 but he was at a public school and nor transferred to MVA

I wouldn't be surprised if some new offers pop up in the next week or so with coaches on the road and getting to see players in action.

We also have to remember...say we miss on some of these positions or wiff on the guards and bring in just Lands and Taylor (not saying it's happening but), this gives the guys to play in the transfer portal effectively and that's almost just a powerful.

The roster is going to flip each year. Some will stay but I would expect a 4-5 man exit each year unless our NIL is helping our players a lot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom