Potential 2023 Roster | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Potential 2023 Roster

Did anyone catch the Cole Kirst news yesterday? I am surprised that no one ran with it.

But Carc said during the cornell game and talking about all of the brothers "according to my sources, Cole will be spending his last year at Syracuse" and then they talked about Simmons and the recruiting class and the noise they are making.

also for what its worth, I've heard Tuck and Solomon are going to Gtown so they may be preseason #1.
Someone mentioned it here when carc said that. Good news to be sure as I assume Carc's source is more concrete than the rumors we see on here and elsewhere. With all our potential attack starters I am guessing we run him out of the box as a mid. Simmons the DU transfer is more likely to play attack than he is.

Tuck and Solomon to Georgetown would be a major move on their part, but last night did no favors for the GTown hype train.

Did anyone catch the Cole Kirst news yesterday? I am surprised that no one ran with it.

But Carc said during the cornell game and talking about all of the brothers "according to my sources, Cole will be spending his last year at Syracuse" and then they talked about Simmons and the recruiting class and the noise they are making.

also for what its worth, I've heard Tuck and Solomon are going to Gtown so they may be preseason #1.

Cole Kirst should be a nice addition, but not sure it moves the needles too much. He was Lehigh's fourth leading scorer with 30 points in 12 games (the team played 15). He averaged a little over 2.5 points per game, by comparison Owen Seebold averaged 2.7 with 38 points in 14 games. If he can contribute that sort of production as a midfielder that would be great, but it's no sure thing. It definitely is nice for the offense to get some veteran infusion as next year's depth chart probably won't have a lot of juniors or seniors on it. Overall it's definitely a positive.

Are you sure it is Solomon going to Georgetown next year? I had read somewhere that is was Kelly from UNC going to Georgetown. Dordevic would be a big boost to Georgetown but Solomon or Kelly probably doesn't change their outlook much. Though Gtown did turn Alex Trippi, formerly of UNC into a very productive player this year (52 pts in '22, previous career high only 25 in '21). I had thought Gtown would be preseason number 1 next year but not sure how their early exit changes things. They lose a lot from all over the field (Trippi, Morin, Geddes, McElroy and Gibson Smith).

Cole Kirst should be a nice addition, but not sure it moves the needles too much. He was Lehigh's fourth leading scorer with 30 points in 12 games (the team played 15). He averaged a little over 2.5 points per game, by comparison Owen Seebold averaged 2.7 with 38 points in 14 games. If he can contribute that sort of production as a midfielder that would be great, but it's no sure thing. It definitely is nice for the offense to get some veteran infusion as next year's depth chart probably won't have a lot of juniors or seniors on it. Overall it's definitely a positive.

Are you sure it is Solomon going to Georgetown next year? I had read somewhere that is was Kelly from UNC going to Georgetown. Dordevic would be a big boost to Georgetown but Solomon or Kelly probably doesn't change their outlook much. Though Gtown did turn Alex Trippi, formerly of UNC into a very productive player this year (52 pts in '22, previous career high only 25 in '21). I had thought Gtown would be preseason number 1 next year but not sure how their early exit changes things. They lose a lot from all over the field (Trippi, Morin, Geddes, McElroy and Gibson Smith).
With Hiltz and Spallina you need step down shooters and i think Cole fits that bill really well.

I am personally definitely not sure. I am no inside source. But the person who told me would definitely know.

Looks like SU is getting a new Sports Information Director in John Stark, from Towson. I don't know many other SIDs but Stark is a name known to me because he's good at his job. Towson has a very good social media presence. Hopefully there will be more content going forward.

A new tweeter.

Associate Director, Athletic Media Relations & Social Media Coordinator (volleyball, men's lacrosse, gymnastics, swimming & diving, men's golf)

A new tweeter.

Associate Director, Athletic Media Relations & Social Media Coordinator (volleyball, men's lacrosse, gymnastics, swimming & diving, men's golf)

mens golf? isnt that a club sport?

Looks like the team will be getting a new strength and conditioning coordinator. I know this is next level SEC message board material, but S&C makes a huge difference on a team. Is Hal Luther available??

Looks like all the updates to the roster have been made. Bios are updated for all new players and new headshots for all players. They ditched the shirt and tie look for the jersey getup. No names added or dropped. Biggest takeaway is Owen Hiltz's mullet, which is glorious.

Only thing I think we are waiting for from a website standpoint are game times for away games and tv schedule.

Looks like all the updates to the roster have been made. Bios are updated for all new players and new headshots for all players. They ditched the shirt and tie look for the jersey getup. No names added or dropped. Biggest takeaway is Owen Hiltz's mullet, which is glorious.

Only thing I think we are waiting for from a website standpoint are game times for away games and tv schedule.

SU still has their heads up their asses.

Birtwistle played last year and sat out 2021, he should be listed as a R-Soph.

Finn Kelly never played, he should be listed as a R-Frosh.

Soo Canadian. They should have let him get his picture taken with a Rush t-shirt and denim jacket combo instead of his uniform.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom