Potential All-ACC teams and where does Judah rank? | Syracusefan.com

Potential All-ACC teams and where does Judah rank?

Cstate

Scout Team
I’m going to assume Judah will be our only player selected, so I’ll just focus on the guard position.

There are 3 teams, plus honorable mention. To me, RJ Davis will be the POY, which puts him on the first team. I would also put Hunter Sallis on the first team. That leaves 2nd and 3rd team options for I would say six players: Reece Beekman (last years defensive POY), Judah Mintz, Jeremy Roach, JG3, DJ Horne, and Sean Pedulla. I would say based on their team rankings DJ Horne and Sean Pedulla would most likely make honorable mention, at best.

That leaves Judah, Joe, Reece, and Roach fighting for 2nd and 3rd team. Will the committee give some super senior bias to Roach and/or Joe? Or go with Judahs scoring stats? Or Beekmans defensive ability?

Last edited:
Maliq on All-Defensive team? Teams have to gameplan around his sticky fingers. Guards the P&R. Switchable. Am I being biased?

Who in the ACC is an elite defender? Dunn for sure. Bacot gets boards I guess. Idk who else. I'd put Maliq up there.

Last edited:
Maliq on All-Defensive team? Teams have to gameplan around his sticky fingers. Guards the P&R. Switchable. Am I being biased?

Who in the ACC is an elite defender? Beekman for sure. Bacot gets boards I guess. Idk who else. I'd put Maliq up there.
Because we see him all the time absolutely! The amount of pokes and such he gets is crazy. But not sure someone averaging 6.8 rebounds and 0.9 blocks a game will get the proper consideration. I hope I’m wrong and you are right!

I’m going to assume Judah will be our only player selected, so I’ll just focus on the guard position.

There are 3 teams, plus honorable mention. To me, RJ Davis will be the POY, which puts him on the first team. I would also put Hunter Sallis on the first team. That leaves 2nd and 3rd team options for I would say six players: Reece Beekman (last years defensive POY), Judah Mintz, Jeremy Roach, JG3, DJ Horne, and Sean Pedulla. I would say based on their team rankings DJ Horne and Sean Pedulla would most likely make honorable mention, at best.

That leaves Judah, Joe, Reece, and Roach fighting for 2nd and 3rd team. Will the committee give some super senior bias to Roach and/or Joe? Or go with Judahs scoring stats? Or Beekmans defensive ability?

My guess is Judah will be 2nd team.

From a pure stats side Mintz has better Pts, ast, and stl/game compared to Sallis. You could make a decent argument for him over Sallis in the first-team.

Who in the ACC is an elite defender? Beekman for sure. Bacot gets boards I guess. Idk who else. I'd put Maliq up there.
Ryan Dunn is going to be the ACC DPOY.

Judah 2nd or 3rd team. Depends on where they slot guys like Ryan Dunn, Matthew Cleveland, and maybe even Copeland (as forwards or guards). Hinson and Burton should be up there. A couple of seniors might take precedence for 1st or 2nd.

They reward aggregate stats on conference teams.

100% Judah will be on. In the manner in which they evaluate it, he should prob be second team.

Who in the ACC is an elite defender? Dunn for sure. Bacot gets boards I guess. Idk who else. I'd put Maliq up there.
Maliq has been getting eaten up, running stats sure, but his defense isn’t close to all league.

If you listen to every opposing coaches press conference after our games - they each bring up Maliq on their own and how impactful he is. The coaches in the league know how good he is. Would it be good enough to be first team all-defense? Probably not but I wouldn’t be shocked .

I think after RJ it’s a toss up with Judah/Sallis/Roach/Beekman/Horne. You could make cases for all of them.

In ACC:

1st in Steals
8th in Defensive Win Shares
4th in DBPM

He might not be on the All D team, but not fair to say "isn't close". Show your work if you feel otherwise.
I can show you video of where he is an automatic bucket lately when guarding someone in the post.

I can show you video of where he is an automatic bucket lately when guarding someone in the post.
Those plays are included in the stats I posted. Despite those plays, the numbers still look good. How so?

Those plays are included in the stats I posted. Despite those plays, the numbers still look good. How so?
I’m not arguing with you, his numbers are his numbers, but the dude was carved up over and over and over last game, he was lost in the post. Did you see that? What’s the stat for looking foolish in the dust when a guy did a basic spin move for a dunk? I haven’t seen anything like that happen to someone in the post who was a regular in our rotation in a long time.

I’m not arguing with you, his numbers are his numbers, but the dude was carved up over and over and over last game, he was lost in the post. Did you see that? What’s the stat for looking foolish in the dust when a guy did a basic spin move for a dunk? I haven’t seen anything like that happen to someone in the post who was a regular in our rotation in a long time.
Sure I saw that. It's one game. I don't get emotional about one game (especially one we won by double digits and he had a DRtg of 106 in). I look at what he's done for the season, which has been outstanding.

Maliq has been getting eaten up, running stats sure, but his defense isn’t close to all league.
I would agree lately he’s gotten schooled and our whole defense for whatever reason has fallen off a cliff, but other than being overmatched due to size sometimes he's a good defender and has good numbers which is a big part of what they look at. Teams also have to game-plan around his defense. Not saying he’s a lock but I think he’s at least considered. Other than Dunn I can’t think of any lock down defenders in the ACC so it’s pretty open.

I'd go:
Beekman and Davis - 1
Sallis and Judah - 2
Horne and Roach - 3
Agree but wonder if the ND Frosh gets 3rd team. I think flip, Hall and Bacot fill out the 1st team

Agree but wonder if the ND Frosh gets 3rd team. I think flip, Hall and Bacot fill out the 1st team
I think even with ND being in the bottom 3rd of the league…..he will win ROY

Burton will be on All Freshmen team and his team did poorly so I don’t think people will mind leaving him off 3rd team. Who knows though

are we gonna see judah and jg3 reunited 3rd team ?

I was a fool to ever leave your side
Me minus you is such a lonely ride

The breakup we had has made me lonesome and sad

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online