Potential Coaching Lineup | Syracusefan.com

Potential Coaching Lineup

Mr. M

Scout Team
I'm going to go ahead and assume Wheatley/Henderson are gone, and McDonald is in the fold. Adkins could be in the same boat Wheatley/Henderson, but I'll leave as a question mark.

HC: Shafe
OC/TE: McDonald
QB: Lester
RB: ?
WR/TE: Moore
OL: ?
Recruiting Coordinator: ?

DC: Bullough
DL: Daoust
LB: Morrison & Lea
DB: Anselmo
ST: Anselmo

1. Shafer
2. McDonald
3. Lester
4. Moore
5. Bullough
6. Daoust
7. Morrison
8. Lea
9. Anselmo
10. ?? Adkins

Scattered Thoughts:

We're heavy on defensive coaches which is why I'm surprised about the Lea hiring. Does the Lea hiring say anything about Morrison or Anselmo moving somewhere from their current LB duties? I'm guessing Anselmo to DB's.

Adkins really fits in well here as OL/Recruiting Coordinator. Stick around Greg!

RB's - is McDonald capable here, or do we hire from outside?

How many coaches can we have?

Who will call the plays on offense? Maybe Lester takes this over

I'm going to go ahead and assume Wheatley/Henderson are gone, and McDonald is in the fold. Adkins could be in the same boat Wheatley/Henderson, but I'll leave as a question mark.

1. Shafer
2. McDonald
3. Lester
4. Moore
5. Bullough
6. Daoust
7. Morrison
8. Lea
9. Anselmo
10. ?? Adkins

Scattered Thoughts:

We're heavy on defensive coaches which is why I'm surprised about the Lea hiring. Does the Lea hiring say anything about Morrison or Anselmo moving somewhere from their current LB duties? I'm guessing Anselmo to DB's.

Adkins really fits in well here as OL/Recruiting Coordinator. Stick around Greg!

Umm usually the OC calls the plays...lol

With Henderson gone, Lea slides into his spot or takes LBers and Morrison slides to defensive backs. Anselmo ST coordinator (just to keep the NYC recruiting going).

This would be a monster program coaching staff/recruiting and would definitely be better than before if we keep Greg Adkins as OL coach and Recruiting Coordinator and Ty Wheatley as RB Coach.

On every list I see Morrison as on board. Have we heard anything about him one way or the other? If he's no longer on staff the numbers start making a lot more sense.

Regarding Morrison, I assumed he would come back because he is a Shafer guy. I could see him maybe moving to DB to help Shafer or Ansmelo.

That's what everyone seems to think, but his name has been conspicuously absent from the discussion. People throw around the phrase "Shafer guy" like it's an exclusive club with secret handshakes, but he was here one year and you just never know.

I think Henderson will be out if Anselmo stays on... I can't see both staying as we will most likely still need a RB and O Line coach. Unless Morrison is out, who knows but we will need to lose one current D assistant unless there is a coach out there can do O Line/ RB, which I doubt

1. Shafer
2. McDonald
3. Lester
4. Moore
5. Bullough
6. Daoust
7. Morrison
8. Lea
9. Anselmo
10. ?? Adkins

Scattered Thoughts:

Coachingsearch.com is reporting that McDonald will be named OC/WR, so I'm not sure where that leaves Moore. I've got a feeling that the offensive side is going to wind up being all new. I'm also guessing that the McDonald news means that Drevno is not happening. I'd like to see them grab Foley from UConn to shore up NE recruiting. If Anselmo retires, I could see Shafer coaching the DBs. They may well stick with the two LB coaches and give one of them the additional ST title.

Have been hearing Lester Erb as RB and ST coach. (twitter rumor)

Looks like R1vals had him as one of there OC candidates. I wonder if they've downgraded that to RB coach?

Maybe Shaf is letting Moore go. This McDonald guy seems just as qualified (if not more so) as a WR position coach.

Well, if that's true then all that possibly remains is OL and DB. Hopefully Adkins and Anselmo stick it out. If they do, the staff is complete. But if Adkins to Buffalo is true, I think you need to do whatever you can to keep Anselmo. Give him the RC title and a pay bump to stay an extra year or two. It would suck to lose him. Then go grab Mike Foley from UConn and be done with it.

Holy talk about another great recruiter. If Wheat leaves this would be a fantastic replacement.

Isn't there a cap at like 10 coaches? If so, with the Lea hire, I have to imagine Morrison is gone.. otherwise we need one offensive coach to fill the OL/RB slot. Yikes.

Moore leaving would make sense, Leave a spot for TE/OL coach and RB coach, and OC/ WR coach. Anselmo stays as D assistant or ST coach...

Dont see Lester coming here for same position

Dont see Lester coming here for same position

Never know. I can't quite pin down where his hometown is but he went to Bucknell and coached at both Hobart and Syracuse. I'm assuming as a grad assistant as he did his post grad at Syracuse.

Coaching update then:

My guess is the opening is OL/TE

This is how I'd break it down - I'm scratching my head a little bit on Morrison/Lea though

HC: Shafer
OC/WR: McDonald
QB: Tim Lester
RB: Lester Erb

OL/TE: ???

Recruiting Coordinator -
Special Teams Coordinator –

Associate Head Coach ?

I still don't understand two LB coaches? Doesn't that seem really odd?

Never know. I can't quite pin down where his hometown is but he went to Bucknell and coached at both Hobart and Syracuse. I'm assuming as a grad assistant as he did his post grad at Syracuse.

The unofficial twitter reports are that Erb has been let go. Ferentz may have been forced to shake up his staff after a down-trending 8-5, 7-6, 4-8 the past three years. If so, there's no need to explain why he's made a "lateral" move because he hasn't.