Potential Coaching Lineup | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Potential Coaching Lineup

Daoust actually has spent four years as a secondary coach. Morrison has coached defensive lines before.

A lot of Iowa posters seem beyond ecstatic that Erb is leaving. Apparently think that anyone could recruit for Iowa. Though I do agree, I hope he doesn't bring AIRBHG here.

Didn't we have two guys focused on LB's last year? Maybe Shafer liked the setup, just not being part of it..

If we scored Erb, that's a homerun. Maybe he will be AHC/RB..
Lester as RC/WR?

Coaching update then:

My guess is the opening is OL/TE

This is how I'd break it down - I'm scratching my head a little bit on Morrison/Lea though

HC: Shafer
OC/WR: McDonald
QB: Tim Lester
RB: Lester Erb

OL/TE: ???

DC: Bullough
DL: Daoust
LB: Morrison & Lea
DB: Anselmo

Recruiting Coordinator -
Special Teams Coordinator –

Associate Head Coach ?

Perhaps Lea is full-time special teams coordinator/ recruiting coordinator.

My guess:

OC: McDonald
QB: Lester
RB: Erb
WR: Moore
OL/TE: To Be Named

LB: Lea
DB/ST: Anselmo

Seems whacky they'd be ecstatic about losing a position coach. Just a quick scan appears he's their best recruiter and had a bunch of quality backs put up decent numbers.

Why all of the emphasis on keeping Anselmo? If anyone was a Marrone guy through and through it seems to have been him. Word before was that he was retiring soon. I think the NYC ties are great but we have missed on the top NYC prospect (Ebo, Ishaq, Easley) more often then we have hit (Wayne). Then Morrison covers the DL, Lea the LB and Daoust the DBs.

Just an FYI - Erb was taken off the recruiting trail this past year. Have someone that is a huge Iowa fan and has some connections with the coaching staff, and he said that Erb is the one guy he doesn't like - for whatever reason.

Take it for what it's worth. Personally, I'd be all in on him. Think he'd be a heckuva addition, despite what my Iowa friend says.

If they let Anselmo go they better be careful how they do it so they don't bridges down there. And then be prepared to see Rutgers hire the guy.

Just an FYI - Erb was taken off the recruiting trail this past year. Have someone that is a huge Iowa fan and has some connections with the coaching staff, and he said that Erb is the one guy he doesn't like - for whatever reason.

Take it for what it's worth. Personally, I'd be all in on him. Think he'd be a heckuva addition, despite what my Iowa friend says.

Rivals has him credited for a couple of recruits this season one of which is a nice offensive line prospect

Seems whacky they'd be ecstatic about losing a position coach. Just a quick scan appears he's their best recruiter and had a bunch of quality backs put up decent numbers.

One word: AIRBHG

My guess:

OC: McDonald
QB: Lester
RB: Erb
WR: Moore
OL/TE: To Be Named

LB: Lea
DB/ST: Anselmo

Is the Morrison omission intentional?

One word: AIRBHG
well if he came here it would become ASRBHG and then it just doesn't look good. I think that will stay in Iowa.

Daoust actually has spent four years as a secondary coach. Morrison has coached defensive lines before.
Either Morrison seemed to do a pretty good job with Diabate this year, or Diabate was a far outlier on the expected performance charts.