Potential DC's ... | Syracusefan.com

Potential DC's ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

corpjet

Board Prophet
Jim would be a home run hire, Vince would be nice, who else would you like to see:

Jim Leonhard - Would be a huge get and help us in the Midwest, after leaving Wisconsin as their DC and is now an analyst for Illinois

Vince Kehres - Another midwest guy that could help us and has one of the top MAC defenses, if Candle leaves Toledo does he take him with him?

Last edited:
Jim would be a home run hire, Vince would be nice, who else would you like to see:

Jim Leonhard - Would be a home run hire and help us in the Midwest, after leaving Wisconsin as their DC and is now an analyst for Illinois

Vince Kehres - Another midwest guy that could help us and has one of the top MAC defenses, if Candle leaves Toledo does he take him with him?
Does HCFB have any connections to these two guys?

Id imagine for his pick for DC he would atleast want someone he is familiar with to run his defense.

OC i can see him finding anyone cause he doesnt have a certain type of offense to run

Mike Siravo. He was with the Rhule band alongside Fran Brown. Now has NFL coaching experience. IMG_8161.jpeg

Elko really wants to keep Elijah -- would be a great grab by Fran.

I'm also in on Partridge for AHC/LBs
Look, whether the controversy is BS or not, I don’t think we need the bad press. No reason to do that. Someone untouchable will hire Partridge; it doesn’t need to be us.

Texas A $ M can pay 1 million dollars for a coordinator...Can We???
I believe White got $750k so if our money pool keeps increasing like some are saying it is, it wouldn’t be out of the equation in the future soon. However with A&M they can easily go to a point we can’t, so if A&M wants him they’re going to get him.

I have no idea. But Elko has made it very clear that he will make every effort to retain Elijah.

Look, whether the controversy is BS or not, I don’t think we need the bad press. No reason to do that. Someone untouchable will hire Partridge; it doesn’t need to be us.

The current press around him is = fall guy.

Hire him today and come September 1, no one will remember.

Very good recruiter, very good coach. I can live with it

The news cycle moves so fast I wouldn’t worry about the bad press. The guy can coach and recruit. If he wants to come here and Fran wants him then bring him on board.

Maybe…. We paid TW $700k I believe so it’s not like we pay sub 500k for coordinators now. I bet his OC and DC will be the highest paid coordinators ever at SU. Just my guess.
Top Coordinators are getting 1 million plus, Don't know what HCFB is making, but, it is possible that he came in at a salary that would enable us to pay 2 million for our coordinators and still have enough cash to complete a good staff. We may never know......

I think we can and should (edit), not necessarily for this guy. As an ACE recruiter with no known offensive or defensive identity, JW had to know going in that he would need to be paired with a high level OC and DC. $1m in today's market doesn't shock the conscience.

Last edited:

He's not actually their DCoordinator. According to some salary research he is making $1.1 mil as their DL/Co-DC/AHC tags. And Texas has no State income tax. It'd be a heck of a pull.

DC isn’t as import the way CFB is played. As long as they aren’t completely awful, just getting in the way is usually enough to win a game.

And I am a guy who likes a good D. We cannot have 2016, 2017, 2019 like output. This year was a big step down from last, but still good enough to get by.

Way more worried about OL and OC.

DC isn’t as import the way CFB is played. As long as they aren’t completely awful, just getting in the way is usually enough to win a game.

And I am a guy who likes a good D. We cannot have 2016, 2017, 2019 like output. This year was a big step down from last, but still good enough to get by.

Way more worried about OL and OC.

I'm way more worried about OL and OC as well. Re D this is a great watch

The current press around him is = fall guy.

Hire him today and come September 1, no one will remember.

Very good recruiter, very good coach. I can live with it

And it’s not like he was the fall guy for Sandusky or Briles. He was the fall guy for sign stealing that everyone just wants swept under the rug anyway.

He's not actually their DCoordinator. According to some salary research he is making $1.1 mil as their DL/Co-DC/AHC tags. And Texas has no State income tax. It'd be a heck of a pull.
Correct. And honestly, I don't think Mike has any intention of giving Elijah the DC job. He has a defensive scheme he has had a lot of success with and he will want to have a DC who knows it. That is why he is going to hire Clark Lea, who was with him at Wake and ND. If not Clark, he will hire whoever was his DC at Duke as his DC. That is probably more likely, with Clark signing on as his LB coach.

He wants Elijah as his DL coach and top recruiter.

No one wants to step up and give Elijah the chance to be a DC. Except maybe Fran.

I hear many of you wanting to add Elijah. But the only way would be if he was given the DC job. That wouldn't be so controversial if Fran had been a DC for a while and could help him make the transition.

But he lacks the experience too, other than a year as a co-DC at Temple. I don't think you can take a chance on a coordinator that has never been one when you are in Fran's situation. Maybe if he could get Muschamp to also come in and agree to be a defensive assistant, but get paid as a DC.

That would be very pricey. And I don't see Will wanting to come up here for that. It would not be in his own self interest.

So are we going to a 3-4 like UGA? Has Fran talked about his preferred scheme anywhere? I haven't watched a single video.

Status
Not open for further replies.