Potential Early Conference Games ACC Network Programming for 2019 | Syracusefan.com

Potential Early Conference Games ACC Network Programming for 2019

CuseLegacy

Swofford reveals potential ACC Network programming

The ACC Network is scheduled to launch in August 2019. As with any start-up, the league and its television partner, ESPN, crave a splashy debut. So why not schedule accordingly?
Swofford cemented Wednesday that the ACC will stage multiple league games to start next football season. He didn’t reveal matchups, but based on non-conference contracts already in place, the most likely candidates are Virginia Tech at Boston College, Georgia Tech at Clemson and Pittsburgh versus Syracuse or Virginia.
Power Five leagues generally avoid Week One conference games. There are only two this season — Northwestern at Purdue in the Big Ten, and Virginia Tech at Florida State in the ACC — and there was only one in 2017: Ohio State-Indiana in the Big Ten.
“There will be some conference games in Week One,” Swofford said, “and there will be some high-profile games during the course of the season that you might expect to be on ABC that will be on the ACC Network in all probability, in both football and men’s basketball. And that could continue.”

As I've said, somone on our board thought a candidate would be UVa-Ga Tech because both of us didn't have a game scheduled for 8/31. That Pitt doesn't have one on 8/31 as well is something new. UVa hosted BC last year and is scheduled to play at Clemson in 2020. I guess that would rule those cross-division games out.

Since we already scheduled to play at Liberty on August 31st. I would bet it’s Pitt-Virginia opening week.

When the SECN debuted they had high profile games week 1 such as South Carolina-Texas A&M.

I bet also one Duke-Syracuse basketball game may get moved on the ACC network.
I honestly believe ESPNews is going to be changed to the linear ACCN.

Whatever the conference wants we should accommodate.
It wouldn’t shock me if week 3 is a conference game like this year as we have a hole that week.

As I've said, somone on our board thought a candidate would be UVa-Ga Tech because both of us didn't have a game scheduled for 8/31. That Pitt doesn't have one on 8/31 as well is something new. UVa hosted BC last year and is scheduled to play at Clemson in 2020. I guess that would rule those cross-division games out.

pitt has a game scheduled for 8/31 vs deleware

Clemson, Bc, Virginia and Georgia tech dont have games scheduled

in week 2 miami and north carolina dont have non conf games scheduled so they will be playing each other

Clemson, Bc, Virginia and Georgia tech dont have games scheduled
Clemson vs BC would be a far, far more attractive matchup than UVa vs GT. Clemson's drawing power on TV greatly surpasses any other ACC program, and with FSU looking like damaged goods for at least a while, that isn't changing anytime soon.

If I were a betting man, I would expect to see Clemson vs BC as the premiere game on the ACC Network.

Also, Syracuse has an opening for a game on September 14th (week 3) and all it's OOC games are already scheduled. That is awful early for a bye. So I would expect to see SU play on the ACC Network that week. Very likely at home. If I had to hazard a guess as to the opponent, when we play FSU in the Dome, it seems to be early in the season a lot. SU vs FSU would be an attractive game that should get good ratings throughout the Eastern seaboard.

Clemson vs BC would be a far, far more attractive matchup than UVa vs GT. Clemson's drawing power on TV greatly surpasses any other ACC program, and with FSU looking like damaged goods for at least a while, that isn't changing anytime soon.

If I were a betting man, I would expect to see Clemson vs BC as the premiere game on the ACC Network.

Also, Syracuse has an opening for a game on September 14th (week 3) and all it's OOC games are already scheduled. That is awful early for a bye. So I would expect to see SU play on the ACC Network that week. Very likely at home. If I had to hazard a guess as to the opponent, when we play FSU in the Dome, it seems to be early in the season a lot. SU vs FSU would be an attractive game that should get good ratings throughout the Eastern seaboard.

Next year everybody gets 2 bye weeks with calendar working out to 14 weeks

If were playing 9-14 Clemson is only team we play that is open so my mock has us both on bye since they play Texas am the wk before. There are 3 scheduled byes that week

I see Florida State with an opening for 9/14. Where are you seeing FSU scheduled that weekend?

Future Florida State Football Schedules | 2019 | FBSchedules.com

they still have an opening for 2019 so im assuming they play there fcs game and im assuming we dont want to open with 3 straight away when a bye there is fine.

fsu clemson, mia, vt,virg, syracuse has openings on 9/14, some will get byes I currently i have clemson , virginia and us byeing

Last edited:

Doubleheader. UVa-Ga Tech as the first game, Clemson-BC as the second. Either 12 and 3:30 or 3:30 and 7-ish.