Potential games times for Saturday?? | Syracusefan.com

Potential games times for Saturday??

I'd guess later.

Don't think they announce till Thursday night.

Syracuse Gonzaga should get CBS treatment...but the first weekend can have weird TV assignments

Jacksonville, Hartford, San Jose and Salt Lake City are the th/sat pod sites

I’m guessing if chalk was to hold out Louisville’s Michigan state will be the 1215 game

Syracuse Gonzaga would seem like a prime candidate for 5:15 on CBS, but who knows.

anyone???
They will not announce the tip times for Saturday until Thursday night until they know who has or will be advancing, but here are the times and stations that the games will be on…
12:15 - CBS
2:45 - CBS
5:15 - CBS
6:10 - TNT
7:10 - TBS
7:45 - CBS
8:40 - TNT
9:40 – TBS
By Region it would
12:15 and 2:45 - CBS
5:15 and 7:45 – CBS
6:10 and 8:40 – TNT
7:10 and 9:40 – TBS
So the 12:15 and 2:45 are the only standalone games of the day, and they are usually reserved for the best set of games from one pod. CBS looks at the pods in advance obviously and also send their best announcers to the pods that they think will be the best. On the Thursday and Saturday slate the best team is considered Ian Eagle and Jim Spanarkel.
That team went to Jacksonville with Kentucky and LSU. Therefore, it seems like Jacksonville will get the 12:15 and 2:45 standalone games... Makes senses to put UK as a standalone. (The team of Jim Nantz and Raftery and Hill are on the Friday Sunday slate with Duke and Virginia's pod... obviously that pod seems like a good one for the 12:15 and 2:45 slot on Sunday)
I believe CBS considers Kevin Harlan/ Reggie Miller and Bonner the next best group of announcers for the Thursday/Saturday Slate and they went to Des Moines with Michigan State L'ville, Michigan and Florida... If I had to guess they would get the 5:15 and 7:45 CBS games.
We would likely end up playing at either 6:10, 8:40, 7:10 or 9:40.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom