Potential Transfer: UVA DT Brathwaite via Brooklyn Dismissed | Syracusefan.com

Potential Transfer: UVA DT Brathwaite via Brooklyn Dismissed

VirginiaOrange

2nd String
Sounds like a grades issue since the coach said that Brathwaite did not make the commitment off the field. Kid was becoming a monster down the stretch and had played in every game last year. Although the UVA coach left the door open to a return, I assume he might reach out to SU since it is closer to home and SU has appeared transfer friendly of late.

For those who care - "only" a 2 star our of HS but playing above that level.

2012 - Appeared in all 12 games at defensive tackle ... finished the season leading all UVa defensive tackles with 41 tackles ... trailed only DE Jake Snyder (44) among UVa defensive linemen in tackles ... led UVa with 10.0 tackles for loss ... came off the bench in all 12 games ... had three tackles against Penn State ... six tackles against Louisiana Tech ... four tackles against Maryland ... posted a career-high nine tackles against Wake Forest ... had five tackles, 2.0 sacks and 2.5 TFL at NC State and was named ACC Defensive Lineman of the Week ... had four tackles at Virginia Tech ... posted 2.0 tackles for a loss of nine yards against the Hokies.

never going to see a transfer within the conference. (wow, that feels weird talking about a uva transfer)

I think they'd have to sit 2 years. (Please correct me if I am wrong on that one)

The two year period was unique to the Big East. The ACC has, I believe, a one year rule.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

The two year period was unique to the Big East. The ACC has, I believe, a one year rule.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
ACC follows the NCAA 1 year sit out rule.

ACC follows the NCAA 1 year sit out rule.
Hence Dontez Ford will be eligible to play for Pitt in a year, not two years.

never going to see a transfer within the conference. (wow, that feels weird talking about a uva transfer)

I think they'd have to sit 2 years. (Please correct me if I am wrong on that one)
Funny - after I posted this I went to the gym where it popped into my head that the ACC might not allow inter-conference transfers and that I was going to get hammered out here. Like you, I had never thought about UVA and SU being in the same conference when I posted this. Still trying to get my head around SU in the ACC.

We don't join the acc until July. Also, kid would have to pay his own tuition for a year.

One, we aren't in the ACC yet.

Two, it's still only a one year transfer sit-out in the ACC.