pouring gas on the fire | Syracusefan.com

pouring gas on the fire

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
where are the posters that blasted people for suggesting Marrone was gone?

Drama Queens I believe people were called?

We as a forum need to be a little more respectful of each others insights and experiences. My concern moving forward is that the university whiffs on the replacement.

They have an opportunity to bring in a guy that will carry on what Doug started, and make a mark in the ACC.

I have seen many very good names thrown around here, ones the school needs to seriously look at - based on playing in the ACC, I like:
Butch Davis, Al Golden, Mario Cristobal, ODU guy, or Hackett (in no particular order). The first two names will garner (positive) attention on ESPN.

Right now it is all about the next 4 years, not the next 4 weeks.

We as a forum need to be a little more respectful of each others insights and experiences. My concern moving forward is that the university whiffs on the replacement.

They have an opportunity to bring in a guy that will carry on what Doug started, and make a mark in the ACC.

I have seen many very good names thrown around here, ones the school needs to seriously look at - based on playing in the ACC, I like:
Butch Davis, Al Golden, Mario Cristobal, ODU guy, or Hackett (in no particular order). The first two names will garner (positive) attention on ESPN.

Right now it is all about the next 4 years, not the next 4 weeks.

You could argue that the next 4 years starts with the next 4 weeks. It is imperative that SU keep one of Wilson or Allen committed. I think that can be done without hiring from within, but I'm ok giving Hackett a chance. IMO... no Cristobal. If you cant win in the Sun Belt, you aren't going to win in the ACC. Why go him over Hackett. I hope TGD puts some feelers out to some home-run types. If there aren't any nibbles, lets move forward with what we have (Hackett) and hope to continue what Marrone started.

Proof that the football board is just as bad as the basketball board at times.

Waiting on the Chakka "I told you so" post. Well warranted considering all the higher ups here that attempted to discredit him.

Waiting on the Chakka "I told you so" post. Well warranted considering all the higher ups here that attempted to discredit him.
ya that hit a little too close too home. but of course nobody else knows what their talking about, and their thinking is 100% correct, and all that matters. never mind trying to come up with alternatives or anything.

Why was he right? I don't think there has been any confirmation of why Marrone left except for more money. If he's just an NFL guy and this was a stepping stone, Chakka was wrong.