Practice facility donor... | Syracusefan.com

Practice facility donor...

And stealing World Cups

Haha, didn't realize he was an alum. His interviews are can't misses on CNBC. Very eccentric.

Here he is talking about his $8bn Citibank loss surrounded by horses and camels.
alwaleed_art_257_20081124161724.jpg

prince-alwaleed-white-horse-260x383.jpg

"the 26th richest person in the world" and "the richest Saudi Arabian in the world"

I'm not one for telling people how to spend their money, but this dude stuffs out $100 bills

EDIT: When your Wikipedia entry references your "Palaces" (plural).....you're big time

EDIT #2: It's time for the SU Alumni Committee to make a call over to the emirates..

i was watching one of the food networks strange eat shows.anyways it was in some really far out place in the middle east in the desert and this one arab dude kept wearing a syracuse orangemen t-shirt thru out the show.he spoke really good english and appeared rich.

Actually, there is some sort of a connection between the Saudi royal families and Cuse. When I went to school, I knew two of them and I remember one of them telling me that he had several other family members attend in the past. They arent heirs to the throne by any means but they def are related.

And what's not to love about this picture!!!!! http://www.flickr.com/photos/32323485@N00/593832421/
Maybe when he gets a new jet, he'll donate that one to our athletic department so they can travel in style. :cool:

Actually, there is some sort of a connection between the Saudi royal families and Cuse. When I went to school, I knew two of them and I remember one of them telling me that he had several other family members attend in the past. They arent heirs to the throne by any means but they def are related.

And what's not to love about this picture!!!!! http://www.flickr.com/photos/32323485@N00/593832421/
Maybe when he gets a new jet, he'll donate that one to our athletic department so they can travel in style. :cool:

At least a helicopter.

There have been a few princes and other Saudi elite who have attended SU. Mind you, there are several thousand Saudi princes out there, with the vast majority having no real political power but enjoying the spoils of royalty nonetheless. One of the influential ones, Prince Turki bin Faisal, spoke at SU last fall and I heard it was because the son of one of his close friends attends SU currently. Surprisingly, his speech received no mention in the local press. This is a guy who ran Saudi's version of the CIA for 25 years, served as an ambassador to the U.S. and U.K., and conducted direct negotiations with the Taliban for the extradition of Osama bin Laden.

There have been a few princes and other Saudi elite who have attended SU. Mind you, there are several thousand Saudi princes out there, with the vast majority having no real political power but enjoying the spoils of royalty nonetheless. One of the influential ones, Prince Turki bin Faisal, spoke at SU last fall and I heard it was because the son of one of his close friends attends SU currently. Surprisingly, his speech received no mention in the local press. This is a guy who ran Saudi's version of the CIA for 25 years, served as an ambassador to the U.S. and U.K., and conducted direct negotiations with the Taliban for the extradition of Osama bin Laden.

That explains the secrecy! ; )

I would have loved to have seen that. Pervez Musharraf is speaking at Drew University next week and I'm trying to go if I can get tickets.

I would have loved to have seen that. Pervez Musharraf is speaking at Drew University next week and I'm trying to go if I can get tickets.

I went. It was very good. He gave a presentation on the history of the Kingdom and then held a lively question and answer session. Wished I'd gotten to speak with him at the reception afterward as speaking Arabic with a Saudi prince is one of those bucket list things. Would love to see him come back.

Hope you get tickets and that Musharraf evades the Pakistani po-po until after next week!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom