Practice report? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Practice report?

We can be good, andy maybe top ten worth, but my point was the hyperbole about being our best team in recent years would mean that would have to almost have to go undefeated and win every game by 10+ points. We have had two GREAT teams in the preceeding 3 years. Not good teams, GREAT teams, with guys having GREAT seasons.

Just one guy's opinion.
I agree that this year's team will likely not match the records of the great 2010 and 2012 squads. However, if everyone stays healthy, I think that by the end of the year they may be playing at the same level. Early losses will prevent them from attaining a #1 ranking or a #1 seeding, but we will have a serious contender on our hands. I honestly think that SU will have the best frontcourt in the nation by the time March rolls around. My biggest fear is depth in the backcourt. With only three scholarship players, an injury or foul trouble could sink the team at any minute once the one-loss-and-yer-out games begin.

We don't have to be better than 2010 or 2012...we just have to be playing better in March.

We don't have to be better than 2010 or 2012...we just have to be playing better in March.

Very true.

Since consistently scoring points has long been the cause of our tournament exits (well, that, and spotting the opponent a big lead in the first four minutes), our top-to-bottom offensive improvement could well have this team playing better in March.

One through nine, we've got a diverse group of scorers (save maybe for Keita, and he's capable of finishing now and again).

I think we did see the odd practice report or two before the exhibitions last year. Hopefully someone can hook us up but if not we are just a bit more than a week away from the first exhibition!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom