Pre North Carolina Thoughts | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Pre North Carolina Thoughts

Well, except for a key point about giving up on the offensive boards to get back to stop transition. We did the opposite -- get lots of offensive boards and, be very patient in half court, don't get overly worried about NC's transition.
He nailed it that NC can't shoot.

We were much more opportunistic on the boards than any of us ever expected. The men were inspired today out there.

General, very astute pregame write-up.

I don't know that anybody could have expected us to rebound as well as we did--great sign.

But it was great to see an intelligently written post summarizing our opponent's game / strengths / weaknesses without relying on the transitive property, reading too much into statistics, etc.

Well done, sir!

Well General, you had UNC pegged and thankfully so did SU. What a great game. I had a UNC fan sitting next to me having a melt down, as a matter of fact there were quite a few UNC fans at the game today. Quite a few drunks too even though it was an early game, had a couple of guys shoving each other in my section after the final horn.

Gotta give my thanks as well to General. Watching the game today I felt like I completely knew NorCa and what their game plan would be.

You were spot on when you said they like to run. They were so anxious to get out in transition after a miss that they forgot they needed the ball before they can go the other way. They were also so concerned with running that they made stupid passes down court when they should have pulled up.

I think you were spot on general20 and had JB's strategy exactly right. After the first TV TO it seemed that JB decided that we struggled enough offensively in the half court that he would risk some offensive rebounding and amazingly UNC very rarely made us pay for that. I thought our transition D was as good as its been this year. Our rebounding was great and allowed us to control a game where we shot poorly and Ennis wasn't able to dominate as much as I thought he would and started off slowly with some weak passes before settling in.

Screen Shot 2014-01-11 at 7.25.32 PM.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom