Predict the next school to exit | Syracusefan.com

Predict the next school to exit

moqui

generational talent
They'd all like to go right now, but some of them won't be able to find a home. I think, in order, we'll see:

1. Boise St.
  2. San Diego St.
  3. Navy

Cincy, I think, is doomed to be the foundation on which the future BE football conference is built.

I'm glad you didn't put Uconn or Cincy on there, nobody will ever want them.

The question is who is looking to expand and who is valuable enough to take. I think a lot of the far flung schools aren't likely to leave because they have the most to gain from the BE's BCS status. All of the major programs still left (UConn, Cinci, USF) would gladly leave given the opportunity, but who is taking them? The ACC is the only likely home for them. I would guess Boise St. could possibly be a Big-12 target, but after that, I don't see anyone a likely candidate to leave just due to lack of a new conference for them to go to.

The question is who is looking to expand and who is valuable enough to take. I think a lot of the far flung schools aren't likely to leave because they have the most to gain from the BE's BCS status. All of the major programs still left (UConn, Cinci, USF) would gladly leave given the opportunity, but who is taking them? The ACC is the only likely home for them. I would guess Boise St. could possibly be a Big-12 target, but after that, I don't see anyone a likely candidate to leave just due to lack of a new conference for them to go to.
Big 12 if they want to survive a PAC 12 purge.

Big 12 if they want to survive a PAC 12 purge.
Big 12 is so unstable right now it's not even funny. Poor WVU the loudest of them all doesn't realize the thin ice they stand on.

I think Boise St. and SDSU will try to get back into the MWC, which has partial BCS standing.

Navy is a reach on my list.

I don't think any of the other BE football schools is a good candidate even if the other conferences try to go to 16. I bet one or more of the B1G, SEC, ACC and Pac14 start looking to cannibalize the Big XII again next.

I think Boise St. and SDSU will try to get back into the MWC, which has partial BCS standing.

Navy is a reach on my list.

I don't think any of the other BE football schools is a good candidate even if the other conferences try to go to 16. I bet one or more of the B1G, SEC, ACC and Pac14 start looking to cannibalize the Big XII again next.

As far as Boise St. and SDSU, which is more valuable to them, full BCS in the Big East or partial in the MWC. The new Big East might even be a weaker conference overall than MWC for football. I don't know enough about the funding breakdown, could the basketball onlies in the Big East be a drag on revenues?

As for the other schools, it all matters which pieces fall next. The Big East and Big 12 are likely to continue exist at least in name due to their BCS status (it is 3 or 4 years to get a new conference BCS status?) but the Big East has no ability to raid another BCS conference, and the Big 12 really only has the potential to raid the Big East. The ACC has the potential to steal from those conferences, but I would guess that only Texas is a realistic target as things stand (I think that they have shown they are willing to deal with ND's tv contracts they would do the same with Texas). That really leaves the three big conferences, PAC, SEC and B1G. I think any Big East school leaving now will be the 3rd or 4th move after further raiding by the big 3.

I'd be surprised if Boise and SDST stick around too.

Call me crazy but UConn to the Big 12. It would give that conference a "presence" in NYC. Add in Cinci and USF and that would effectively eliminate any football schools who ever played football in the old Big East.

Call me crazy but UConn to the Big 12. It would give that conference a "presence" in NYC. Add in Cinci and USF and that would effectively eliminate any football schools who ever played football in the old Big East.
oops forgot Temple. How could I?

I'm just hoping to see a school join the Big East in the morning and leave in the afternoon.

I'd be surprised if Boise and SDST stick around too.

Yeah, I can't think of one reason for them to stay. With the new format, MWC and BE are on equal footing.

I think UConn will survive. Don't know where or when. But they will survive.

I think UConn will survive. Don't know where or when. But they will survive.
As much as I hate to say this, I still think that Yukon ends up in the ACC. The only way they don't is if they get an invite to the Big 14 or if the Carolina mafia votes along with BC and Syracuse to exclude them the next time they look to fill a spot. At this point, I think Yukon is the strongest team still in play. That doesn't mean much but will at some point in time.

Big 12 is so unstable right now it's not even funny. Poor WVU the loudest of them all doesn't realize the thin ice they stand on.

Why is the B12 unstable? That CBS article today says they are very stable because starting in 2014 their teams will be getting $30m-$40m each and they have the GOR.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

If the ACC can get Texas, then the ACC can take a deep breath. If they don't, then Uconn could be picked up. Problem is u-CON brings nothing to the table, a three year old program with a former hall of fame basketball coach? Yippie... I'd rather own the northeast thanks...

People need to start realizing this isn't about happy stories, blissful memories or rivalries its about survival and dominance. Pretty much real life, so put on your big boy pants sorry u-CON you were 10 years too late.

SU is no where near comfortable, we went from the best available to middle of the pack. It's not impossible for the entire ACC to explode next week. Unless ND is solid. I think we'd all rather follow MD but we had already left the BE before PSU disintegrated.

I wonder if we received a call before MaryLand? How embarrassing if we left the ACC before getting there. I guess we would have... If given the opportunity.

So are we thinking 8 team playoff? That's a 3 week event. So cut out non conference games and play a reg season, conf title... blah blah

I don't study or brainstorm this football stuff, so take it easy on me. How do 5 conferences work? it doesn't IMO!

Unless the top 3 teams through a BCS like formula got a bye. Problem is without non conference games it will be harder to predict the top 4 teams. Random thoughts now.

I like this, top 2 BCS teams get a bye. Then the next twelve teams play (again 5 conferences to get 12? ok with me.. what kind of vote or formula?) adding the top2 play down to 4 then 2 then 1. So it's a 4 week playoff, top two teams get the first week off. No 3-wks off crap. Season finishes close to the same time.

9game reg season, one conf title game, 4 week playoff?
or
2 non conf game scheduled, one non conference game lottery
6game reg season, one conf title game, 4 week playoff?

ok back to basketball :)

We should all hope for Navy to the ACC and ND to follow. Although I think the Western teams leave before they ever play a BE game.

Why is the B12 unstable? That CBS article today says they are very stable because starting in 2014 their teams will be getting $30m-$40m each and they have the GOR.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
They will lose some teams to other conferences. This Super Conference idea IMO only goes East West North and South. Nobody gives a crap about the middle unless your name is Texas and Oklahoma to a smaller extent. That leaves ACC Sec BIG and PAC 12. That's the way I see it when all is said and done.

I still think that eventually the PAC gets a big score picking up Texas and whatever else they want between them and TExas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom