Predictions for the 2019 recruiting class... | Syracusefan.com

Predictions for the 2019 recruiting class...

SU Dreaming

been real...not really
50/50 we add another big man for the 18 class.

Who will be in the 2019 recruiting class besides Brycen Goodine? How many spots with be open?

Pick 5 names, let's see who will come in at 100%. Winner goes to dinner w/ JB and Trump
Deadline is April 1st 2018, you can update your 5 as often as you like up to 4/1/18

Good Luck

Some of the names include:

Alonzo Gaffney
Lester Quinones
Qudus Wahab
Jalen Lecque
Cole Anthony
Wendell Moore
Precious Achiuwa
J Girard
Karim Coulibaly
K Battle
Miles McBride
Isaiah Wong
Kahlil Whitney (i think he will be wearing Orange)
Quincy Guerrier
Jon Bol Ajak
Isaiah Stewart
Aidan Igiehon
Tre Mann
Kofi Cockburn
Terry Armstrong
Naheem McLeod
MaxwellLorca-Lloyd
Kofi Cockburn

I think you begin with a false premise - that we will sign 5 (or more? IF you're already counting Goodine) in a class, period.

That happens very rarely - the last was the 2013 "My 3 'sons" class with Robey, BJ, and Buss, and Ennis, & Chino (who?)
Prior to that, you have to go all the way back to '07 with Donte, Jonny, Scoop, RickJack, KO, and Sean Williams (who?)

I'd imagine that 4 total is much more likely.

However, if we could indeed have 5 guys, and be 5 that we have a fairly realistic chance with (so, no Cole Anthony, Precious A, etc. 5* guys who will end up at Duke/UK/etc), then my best-case scenario guesses are:
Goodine (duh)
JGIII
Whitney
Stewart
Cockburn

Realistically, we likely either only get one of Stewart/Cockburn, or neither; and then it's one other Big in their stead.

I think we sign a big class because we are going to need fill positions (Howard, Bazely, OB, PC, Marek gone..maybe even MM)

Returning JC, MM (maybe), Buddy, Sidbe, Hughes

Class of Goodine, Guerrier, Whitney, Wahab and a grad transfer

Last edited:

Who will be in the 2019 recruiting class besides Brycen Goodine? How many spots with be open?

Pick 5 names, let's see who will come in at 100%. Winner goes to dinner w/ JB and Trump
Deadline is April 1st 2018, you can update your 5 as often as you like up to 4/1/18

Good Luck

Alonzo Gaffney
Lester Quinones
Qudus Wahab
Jalen Lecque
Cole Anthony
Wendell Moore
Precious Achiuwa
J Girard
Karim Coulibaly
K Battle
Miles McBride
Isaiah Wong
Quincy Guerrier
Jon Bol Ajak
Isaiah Stewart
Aidan Igiehon
Tre Mann
Kofi Cockburn
Terry Armstrong
Naheem McLeod
MaxwellLorca-Lloyd
Kofi Cockburn

I’d guess our class ends with:
Goodine
Whitney
Guerrier
Stewart
Girard or s recruit we don’t necessarily know about yet.

I think we sign a big class because we are going to need fill positions (Howard, Bazely, OB, PC, Marek gone..maybe even MM)

Maybe even Moyer? Where is he going?

Good Luck

Alonzo Gaffney
Lester Quinones
Qudus Wahab
Jalen Lecque
Cole Anthony
Wendell Moore
Precious Achiuwa
J Girard
Karim Coulibaly
K Battle
Miles McBride
Isaiah Wong
Quincy Guerrier
Jon Bol Ajak
Isaiah Stewart
Aidan Igiehon
Tre Mann
Kofi Cockburn
Terry Armstrong
Naheem McLeod
MaxwellLorca-Lloyd
Kofi Cockburn

Tre Mann is not happening to scared to recruit Florida. Jim is scared of the swinging herpie infested females down here. He is going to Florida more than likely

Putting Marek on the definitely gone list is asinine.

I hope we get Quincy G.

That said, remember last year at this time, we hadn’t even heard of Bazley and Carey. The spring AAU circuit is very important and kids will go up and down as they show off their skills against top competition. I’m sure kids like Whitney will still be priorities, but others could slide down or move up.

I think you begin with a false premise - that we will sign 5 (or more? IF you're already counting Goodine) in a class, period.

That happens very rarely - the last was the 2013 "My 3 'sons" class with Robey, BJ, and Buss, and Ennis, & Chino (who?)
Prior to that, you have to go all the way back to '07 with Donte, Jonny, Scoop, RickJack, KO, and Sean Williams (who?)

I'd imagine that 4 total is much more likely.

However, if we could indeed have 5 guys, and be 5 that we have a fairly realistic chance with (so, no Cole Anthony, Precious A, etc. 5* guys who will end up at Duke/UK/etc), then my best-case scenario guesses are:
Goodine (duh)
JGIII
Whitney
Stewart
Cockburn

Realistically, we likely either only get one of Stewart/Cockburn, or neither; and then it's one other Big in their stead.

Well, that is every six years — ‘07 to ‘13 to ‘19

I hope we get Quincy G.

That said, remember last year at this time, we hadn’t even heard of Bazley and Carey. The spring AAU circuit is very important and kids will go up and down as they show off their skills against top competition. I’m sure kids like Whitney will still be priorities, but others could slide down or move up.

Bazely for sure no but wasn’t the staff on Carey for awhile? I’m not sure, regardless.

Bazely for sure no but wasn’t the staff on Carey for awhile? I’m not sure, regardless.
Carey blew up in April. That’s when he came onto our radar. I believe that was the first post about him in the recruiting thread.
EDIT: Jordville started posting videos and info about him for the first time on April 22.

I think we get Battle and Achiuwa. At this point if Girard wants to stay home I think we'll get him

Would love to hear Francis or Jake thinks though...

Maybe even Moyer? Where is he going?
Transferring.

Book it. He is next in the line of players that JB has run out of the program. Not necessarily all of them transfer, but in Moyer's case I think he will.

Transferring.

Book it. He is next in the line of players that JB has run out of the program. Not necessarily all of them transfer, but in Moyer's case I think he will.
Moyer bleeds Orange. He's already had a redshirt year. And Moyer might prefer to stay at Newhouse to get his broadcasting degree - that might be more important to him than trying to get a professional basketball career.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but we've seen kids stick it out who we thought would leave.

Moyer bleeds Orange. He's already had a redshirt year. And Moyer might prefer to stay at Newhouse to get his broadcasting degree - that might be more important to him than trying to get a professional basketball career.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but we've seen kids stick it out who we thought would leave.
I agree that he does seem to bleed Orange. However, that situation against Wake Forest really rubbed me the wrong way and I cannot imagine that his parents wanted it leaked that he didn't play because that was their advice.

I dont see Moyer transferring. He’ll have a good opportunity to cement a role as a supporting forward as a sophomore

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom