Pregame thoughts on SU vs Miami | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Pregame thoughts on SU vs Miami

Nice. Haven't had it. There is an amazing rum bar in Key West where they have hundreds of them from all different nations (PR, Barbados, Trinidad, DR, Haiti, etc.). Many of them are tapped in barrels as well which is impressive to see and taste from. These are all sipping rums of course. Not the Bacardi or Sailor Jerry garbage. Some of them were QUITE pricey.

That sounds cool, but garbage? Sailor Jerry has gotten me through some really great and really bad times. LOL. I love that stuff and even though its not a sipper I have had it straight, no ice out of a tumbler in some of my darker hours. My neighbor had some super expensive tequila that was the sipper variety. I hadn't even known they really made it like that and it was very enjoyable so I'm sure I would also enjoy this rum bar.

That sounds cool, but garbage? Sailor Jerry has gotten me through some really great and really bad times. LOL. I love that stuff and even though its not a sipper I have had it straight, no ice out of a tumbler in some of my darker hours. My neighbor had some super expensive tequila that was the sipper variety. I hadn't even known they really made it like that and it was very enjoyable so I'm sure I would also enjoy this rum bar.

OK. Maybe an exaggeration re: Sailor Jerry. I just run for the hills when anything is 'spiced.' Not as in a pepper vodka but added spices like in SJ. I've had it before just not my thing. You would like that bar for sure then. Speaking of expensive tequilas, mezcals are my new favorite thing. Clear, SUPER smokey just like an island single malt like Ardbeg or Laphroaig. A novice would think it was a single malt. I recently bought this at The Party Source in KY just across the river from Cincinnati. Can't get it in OH. Possibly the best spirit I have ever had and one of the top mezcals around.

http://delmaguey.com/chichicapa/

OK. Maybe an exaggeration re: Sailor Jerry. I just run for the hills when anything is 'spiced.' Not as in a pepper vodka but added spices like in SJ. I've had it before just not my thing. You would like that bar for sure then. Speaking of expensive tequilas, mezcals are my new favorite thing. Clear, SUPER smokey just like an island single malt like Ardbeg or Laphroaig. A novice would think it was a single malt. I recently bought this at The Party Source in KY just across the river from Cincinnati. Can't get it in OH. Possibly the best spirit I have ever had and one of the top mezcals around.

http://delmaguey.com/chichicapa/

I'm not practiced or refined enough with the expensive liquors to know much more than I enjoy them and they are very good. I would have no idea what I was looking at if trying to decide on a purchase. Maybe someday I'll have the time and money to get there but for now I buy mainly named brand stuff I'm familiar with that does the trick. I know way more about beer but I also still have Yuengling in my fridge alongside the Nugget Nectar, Accumulation and Three Philosophers. I also won't pass up a free bud, miller or anything else.

I'm not practiced or refined enough with the expensive liquors to know much more than I enjoy them and they are very good. I would have no idea what I was looking at if trying to decide on a purchase. Maybe someday I'll have the time and money to get there but for now I buy mainly named brand stuff I'm familiar with that does the trick. I know way more about beer but I also still have Yuengling in my fridge alongside the Nugget Nectar, Accumulation and Three Philosophers. I also won't pass up a free bud, miller or anything else.

I wouldn't have known about Chichicapa or mezcals either until I randomly sampled them. Now it is like crack except I can't really afford many bottles of Chichicapa often! Nugget Nectar and all the Ommegang stuff is great. Don't know Accumulation.

I wouldn't have known about Chichicapa or mezcals either until I randomly sampled them. Now it is like crack except I can't really afford many bottles of Chichicapa often! Nugget Nectar and all the Ommegang stuff is great. Don't know Accumulation.

Accumulation is a new winter IPA offering from New Belgian. I've taken a liking to it and they carry it in the Liquor store that's attached to the grocery store I stop at on the way home so I don't have to go out of my way.

I'll have to keep an eye out for these Chichicapa or mezcals in the future.

How did this team lose to Green Bay, Eastern Kentucky and Providence?

Interesting the amount of posts in this thread that is about hard liquor compared to about the game. What do you guys know about the outcome of this game that I don't ;) :)

My feeling is that they are going to try and get Rak into foul trouble and then we're probably in trouble unless jump shots are falling. We might be able to contain Rodriguez but McClellan's a pretty good guard from what I've seen and Jekiri isn't too shabby either on the boards. Jim Larranaga has his team playing well and they have good talent. But I have no idea how this team will play against Miami since we appear to have consistency issues ... so I'll have both my beer and hard liquor ready.

My dad and I are here for the game from Cincinnati for our first game in the Dome. Let's go Orange!!

Nice! Where are you there? I used to live in Cincinnati (Cleveland now) and am often in the 'Nati for some work and visits to The Party Source and Jungle Jim's.

Interesting the amount of posts in this thread that is about hard liquor compared to about the game. What do you guys know about the outcome of this game that I don't ;) :)

My feeling is that they are going to try and get Rak into foul trouble and then we're probably in trouble unless jump shots are falling. We might be able to contain Rodriguez but McClellan's a pretty good guard from what I've seen and Jekiri isn't too shabby either on the boards. Jim Larranaga has his team playing well and they have good talent. But I have no idea how this team will play against Miami since we appear to have consistency issues ... so I'll have both my beer and hard liquor ready.

Ha. Well said. Me too re: the beer and liquor. Every couple of months or so it seems a thread gets hijacked with some good booze discussion. Good stuff.

Nice. Haven't had it. There is an amazing rum bar in Key West where they have hundreds of them from all different nations (PR, Barbados, Trinidad, DR, Haiti, etc.). Many of them are tapped in barrels as well which is impressive to see and taste from. These are all sipping rums of course. Not the Bacardi or Sailor Jerry garbage. Some of them were QUITE pricey.
Nice... I'll have to check it out when I get down there this year... thanks for the info...

Accumulation is a new winter IPA offering from New Belgian. I've taken a liking to it and they carry it in the Liquor store that's attached to the grocery store I stop at on the way home so I don't have to go out of my way.

Found a great porter, if you enjoy porters... Black Boss... possibly one of the greatest beers ever made... very smooth... 9.4%, hint of coffee, caramel and chocolate... very enjoyable on the palate and can be opened and enjoyed right off the shelf or out of a fridge...

I like Belgian style pilsners, not so sure about winter ales. I find 'em heavy and suppressive. Just me, though ...

And somebody please tell Rak nobody can block every shot. Which means he can't. Which means stop trying, because you get into foul trouble and that's now HUGE problem. Because you have to sit.

There's a place in Jersey City call Zepplin Hall which has 300 beers from around the world on tap. I can't remember the last time I was there. As in quite literally!

Like the 92-93 season. Or the 96-97 season. Those were bad years!

I like Belgian stylet pilsners, not so sure about winter ales. I find 'em heavy and suppressive. Just me, though ...

Its actually light for an IPA. Its made by New Belgian but not Belgian. I' m a big fan of quads (four, la trappe, apt 12, 3 Phil) and Belgian strong pale ales. Duvel is the best! What Belgian Piles would you recommend?

Found a great porter, if you enjoy porters... Black Boss... possibly one of the greatest beers ever made... very smooth... 9.4%, hint of coffee, caramel and chocolate... very enjoyable on the palate and can be opened and enjoyed right off the shelf or out of a fridge...

Who makes that?