Prep Stars' top 10 seniors dating back to 1990 | Syracusefan.com

Prep Stars' top 10 seniors dating back to 1990

Interesting that there are only 4 Syracuse players on that sizable list: Donte Green, Carmelo Anthony, Winfred Walton, and John Wallace.

Walton never even made it to Syracuse, so you can't count him. But of the three that came to Syracuse and played, they've all done okay.

that 2007 class is ridiculous... all 10 in the NBA and the worst is Donte/Kyle Singler

You got Mayo, Beasley, Rose, Gordon, Love, Hickson, Patterson, Randolph

It's really interesting to look back at that. It makes me think about a few things.

1. How many of the straight to NBA kids would have realized they weren't ready and would have benefited from college coaching if they had been forced to go?

2. How have UNC and Duke not won more championships than they have? I didn't count, but they seem to have had far more top 10 guys than any other schools over the last 21 classes.

3. JB has been so consistent despite having only had three from that list, and two of those only stayed for one year.

Interesting that there are only 4 Syracuse players on that sizable list: Donte Green, Carmelo Anthony, Winfred Walton, and John Wallace.

Walton never even made it to Syracuse, so you can't count him. But of the three that came to Syracuse and played, they've all done okay.

Walton did make it to Syracuse. He even posed for the team photo in the #44 uniform. The problem with his SAT score came up during the first week of practice, and I don't think he ever took the floor. His mother got pissed and pulled him out of school, which was the worst decision she ever could have made for him. He went to Fresno, played for Tark after sitting out nearly two years, and became just another footnote in the "Bust" category. What a waste of a talent he became. If his mom had only listened to JB...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom