Preseason Football Mags | Syracusefan.com

Preseason Football Mags

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Athlon's, Lindy's and Street's and Smith all on the rack at Barnes and Noble.

Phil Steele will be out in a few weeks.

Sorry, I only had about 2 mins to look at them. Athlon's is most bullish on SU #21.

Street's and Smith had us finishing 3rd in the Atlantic behind Clemson and FSU. Lindy's had us 32nd nationally. Smzyt getting some love. Cisco too! Alton Robinson in one magazine listed as the 12th best DL.

Sadly no one listed SU as a Top 10 unit in anything. Special Teams isn't listed in any of the mags as a unit.

Hopefully others can fill in more details.

Last edited:
I noticed Athlon's only has an all-encompassing College Football preview and an SEC Football preview. I wonder if they put out an an ACC preview like previous years.

Can’t believe these mags still exist. I bought them all 20 years ago. But not since then.

I force myself not to start Phil Steele until after July 4th, or else I will give myself an anxiety attack with how excited I get for college football to start.

I force myself not to start Phil Steele until after July 4th, or else I will give myself an anxiety attack with how excited I get for college football to start.
Phil Steele is required summer reading in the shade. The one I always get. I leave it at the table by the Football TV. I've been know to photocopy the opposing team's report for Carrier Dome games. Such a nerd...I am.

Saw the S & S prediction and I immediately decided not to purchase for CUSE is better than #31 in the country. Also couldn’t believe neither our WR’s or DB’s were ranked in the top 10 best units. Total BS! Read a few items from Athlon and decided to buy and will do the same with Phil Steele when available.

Last edited:
Saw the S & S prediction and I immediately decided not to purchase for CUSE is better than #31 in the country. Also couldn’t believe neither our WR’s or DB’s were not ranked in the top 10 best units. Total BS! Read a few items from Athlon and decided to buy and will do the same with Phil Steele when available.
Phil Steele is a stat oriented guy. I'm not so sure he'll have us better than an 8-4 type season. The turnover margin from last year will be used against us. I still buy his magazine for the volume of material.

Last edited:
Just bought Athlon. Never see Phil Steele in the Utica area, do they sell at Barnes and Noble or do you have to order online?