Preseason guesses. Malachi 3 pointers taken/made/percentage? | Syracusefan.com

Preseason guesses. Malachi 3 pointers taken/made/percentage?

Sounds just about right. Anything better than that would be absolute gravy.

I will go with 2.4 out of 5.3. I think he gets to 45% on the season. Yes, I know this is lofty expectations, but I will always think SU players will perform great pre-season. I think the team will shoot around 42% this year. With more shooters on the team than last year it will open things up and they won't be able to just key on Cooney.

Shaky potatoes. Hard to ask for more from 3 when we're talking about freshmen.

I think Malachi is a streak shooter like Tevor and I think he'll have more off games then on games as a freshmen...that being said...2 out of 6 per game 33%.....this years team is gonna have to shoot a lot of 3's to compete and Malachi is gonna have the green light to shoot.....

I think the attempt estimates are too high. I don't think he's going to get 30+ minutes in most games.

I'll go with 1.5 out of 4.2 for 35.7%

Agreed--I can't envsion him taking 6 three pointers this year.

If he's part of the regular rotation and garners extensive playing time, then I could see it being 1.5 out of 4.5, for about 33%. A solid threat, but not a lights out knockdown shooter as a frosh. But the tools are all there for him to be one down the road.

I actually expect Malachi to show more versatility than most people expect taking the ball to the basket, instead of being a spot up jumpshooter.

This class has me wondering if we'll ever see a Lawrence Moten-type player come in and put up 18 a game right away.

I will go with 2.4 out of 5.3. I think he gets to 45% on the season. Yes, I know this is lofty expectations, but I will always think SU players will perform great pre-season. I think the team will shoot around 42% this year. With more shooters on the team than last year it will open things up and they won't be able to just key on Cooney.

I think my 2.4 out 5.3 will be a little low. Mali was 4 for 9 last night. 44%.

If anyone wants to revise feel free :)

This is tough wishful thinking I really want to give him just under 4 a game, so would have to raise his percentage.
3.7 out of 9.7 I know that seems ridiculous but so is 32 threes a game.

On the other hand with Mike and Cooney both playing guard one of them is bound to get better looks each game but Malachi has been getting better looks then them. He likes to pull up off one dribble, that is a volume shooters confidence coming out.

Last edited: