Preseason Practice... | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Preseason Practice...

We haven't played a game and there's posters already yearning for Pitino.
I'm hoping that Judah's performance really continues to rise through the season and he is able to build off of last year. I thought he grew a lot from the beginning of last season until the end and he should have a much better comfort level with his teammates who I don't feel last year he trusted as much and he felt he needed to hitch the entire team on his back at the end of the games.

More talent, more comfort level, more trust, more athleticism, better schemes could potentially make all these preseason voters eat their words by ignoring Judah on their votes.

One thing that will help Red in his first season as HC is that he has an outstanding point guard running this team.

Couple things I know from practice and what to expect for the season (not an opinion)

These guys are in much better shape than previous years. The amount of running that’s occurring is the most in decades

If someone is having an off game this year, they will be given chances to redeem themselves, but there is too much depth to have scenarios like we have had last couple years

This system is 100x better for Judah. He’s going to absolutely shine this year

The amount they are practicing with structure this year is far different. Boeheim almost ran an NBA system where he trusted the players to work on their own to get better. Red is making sure everyone is working together and way harder than past.

This team really gets along well together. There were definitely some relationships last year that weren’t always the best, but this group is a very close group and are always together

Can’t wait for the season! Go Orange

I'm hoping that Judah's performance really continues to rise through the season and he is able to build off of last year. I thought he grew a lot from the beginning of last season until the end and he should have a much better comfort level with his teammates who I don't feel last year he trusted as much and he felt he needed to hitch the entire team on his back at the end of the games.

More talent, more comfort level, more trust, more athleticism, better schemes could potentially make all these preseason voters eat their words by ignoring Judah on their votes.

One thing that will help Red in his first season as HC is that he has an outstanding point guard running this team.
I originally misread your last sentence to say that it will help that Red was an outstanding point guard running the team.

But I agree with the both "was" and "has".

Couple things I know from practice and what to expect for the season (not an opinion)

These guys are in much better shape than previous years. The amount of running that’s occurring is the most in decades

If someone is having an off game this year, they will be given chances to redeem themselves, but there is too much depth to have scenarios like we have had last couple years

This system is 100x better for Judah. He’s going to absolutely shine this year

The amount they are practicing with structure this year is far different. Boeheim almost ran an NBA system where he trusted the players to work on their own to get better. Red is making sure everyone is working together and way harder than past.

This team really gets along well together. There were definitely some relationships last year that weren’t always the best, but this group is a very close group and are always together

Can’t wait for the season! Go Orange
giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom