Pressure | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Pressure

Never said Dino was underpaid and when I said he was paid at the middle of the pack for FBS coaches, that is a fact.

He could have made more elsewhere but he chose to come here which makes him a bargain for Syracuse University.

Agreed we need to take advantage of a down year for FSU but it is not the end of the world if we don't. We will just be where we thought we would be before the season started.

He was offered more and came here? From where? I never heard that.

If that is the case, we need to build a statue for Mark Coyle who convinced him to come to Syracuse for less money. I think he's being paid market for a first time HC in the big boy league. We'll never pay what the SEC does but we'll provide maximum security if results are consistently good.

Don't think we're at 'should' win point. I think this is a game we 'can' win but not 'should' win.

We're not going to know how bad our warts are until we play a good team. This weekend will be a great barometer for what exactly we have as a football team.

Still have a lot of concerns.

If that is the case, we need to build a statue for Mark Coyle who convinced him to come to Syracuse for less money. I think he's being paid market for a first time HC in the big boy league. We'll never pay what the SEC does but we'll provide maximum security if results are consistently good.

I think it may have been Missouri who offered him more but Dino is a smart man. Sometimes it's not about how much you make.

He was offered more to coach Mizzou in the SEC.

If this is pressure to the staff in any way I want a new staff. This is what you play for.

FSU is Syracuse 2005. Let's kick em when they're down. We still had P's talent in 2005 but it wasn't adjusting to GERG's system.

If Dino is the coach we think he is, we have to win this game because he needs to figure out a way to leverage our game planning against a team that isn't translating Taggert's philosophy yet.

May be the most important game in a decade plus.

I think FSU has a wee bit more talent than we had in 2005 and the 2001 Miami Hurricanes wouldn’t have adjusted to GERGs coaching “system”. It’s a big game but not that big, still lots of season left no matter what. We keep Dungey on the field all year we will get to a bowl.

Thank Herm Frazier not Coyle. (ASU buds) Not sure he was even Marks first choice.

I think we need to win the turnover battle - short fields with our kicking game is a huge bonus for this team.

The game has to be played by SU at a high level to win. However, in our favor:
1. FSU's first road game
2. New coach in Taggart after significant continuity (Bowden 34 years, Jimbo 8)
3. New system
4. Highly recruited athletes everywhere, but how motivated can they be to play the 'Cuse in our house?
5. The death of former FSU RB Burt Reynolds. RIP Bandit. (I'm reaching here)

Fixed for ya...

I never knew that. That's amazing he decided to come here over an SEC team. He did his homework for sure

That was right in the middle of the race related campus thing at Mizzou. Was a mess. I think he was smart to not jump into that if he wasn’t feeling like it was a battle he personally wanted.

Don't think we're at 'should' win point. I think this is a game we 'can' win but not 'should' win.

We're not going to know how bad our warts are until we play a good team. This weekend will be a great barometer for what exactly we have as a football team.

Still have a lot of concerns.

Agree with your first paragraph. Maybe a better way to put it is "need to win."

Because this is a huge opportunity on Saturday.

I think they, (FSU), are feeling greater pressure, coming off a bad year and looking at a worse one.

I'm trying to thether my optimism, knowing the dramatic increase in talent level but this could be like the '87 Penn State game. A young, confident team blows a national power that wasn't ready for what we were going to throw at them. out of the Dome. I think taking control early will be the key.

I'm not sure we know what either team really has yet. Frankly I throw Saturday out the window. I still don't know if we will be able to run the ball by design against good athletes. Have WR's create space against good athletes. Have our QB fit balls into tight windows, etc.

I'm excited to see what we are against an ACC team we will see all year. One we can beat, but one that can beat us too.

I think they, (FSU), are feeling greater pressure, coming off a bad year and looking at a worse one.

I'm trying to thether my optimism, knowing the dramatic increase in talent level but this could be like the '87 Penn State game. A young, confident team blows a national power that wasn't ready for what we were going to throw at them. out of the Dome. I think taking control early will be the key.

Good post.

I could also see it being like that win over Florida, in 1991, when Dar Dar returned the opening kickoff for a TD and the crowd went berserk for the entire first half. Florida was shellshocked from the opening kick and never recovered.

That's what I'm hoping to see Saturday -- not that we're going to score on the opening kickoff, but that we jump on them early, that the 40K+ fans in the Dome make some noise, and that we make a vulnerable FSU team fold like a pup tent and quit.

Good post.

I could also see it being like that win over Florida, in 1991, when Dar Dar returned the opening kickoff for a TD and the crowd went berserk for the entire first half. Florida was shellshocked from the opening kick and never recovered.

That's what I'm hoping to see Saturday -- not that we're going to score on the opening kickoff, but that we jump on them early, that the 40K+ fans in the Dome make some noise, and that we make a vulnerable FSU team fold like a pup tent and quit.
Yup. Blood in the water.

There absolutely is pressure, but this is what we want. We want to feel like we very likely can win these games. Instead of expecting a loss, we are expecting a win and that is encouraging ( I know it is also because FSU is down, but still they have the athletes to run with anyone). We need to seize this moment, its that simple. I just watched the condensed game against Samford and wow our DL should be licking their chops. If we frustrate Francois, pressure him hard and make him make mistakes, I believe that is the key to winning this game.

This is a good kind of pressure, and we all here hope we come out firing on all cylinders. I can not wait to be screaming my head off in the dome saturday!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom